Danger Levels of ZDDP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Originally Posted By: ShotGun429
How many cats do/did you guys see ruined by high zinc regular oils pre 2006? I doubt very many. BUT I see at least 3 flat tappet cam equipped cars (Stock cams and springs) with one or more lobes gone with the current off the shelf motor oils, fully 50 percent of my customers didnt know they had to run special higher zinc oils to prevent cam failures. I wish they had not messed with our oils.

My 4.0 has been fine throughout all the years of my ownership using SN PHM and now SN Mobil 1 HM and it was doing just fine from all the shop oil changes per the receipts shown to me by the elderly woman who was sole previous, and original, owner.

I guess I should expect my 4.0 to blow up any day now considering it hasn't been using API SL rated oil for the past 13 years?

Easy there. Noone said your engne is going to 'blow up'. If anything, it will grind to a halt.

So how many more years do I have to wait for that to happen?

Blow up - Hyperbole - an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I don't think it matters unless you're burning significant amount of oil

THIS +1!!!

You can use all the zinc in the world - it won't damage your catcon unless your engine is burning oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back