QS cash buyback program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents,

What do you all think about Quaker States cash buyback? Their warranty is a joke after reading the fine print but the 300k challenge seems to be the real deal.

Both my vehicle and the wife's will without doubt see that mileage (God willing they don't get wrecked)...my truck would max the limit of 3k back...the wife's car might get us 800 or so. It would be like free oil for the duration!

I see they have a way to upload records on their website...but it requires other filters and such to be changed at OEM specs...

I'm sorry but I hate when oil companies do stuff like this. Something about it just irritates me.

But to each his own.

My question is, who wants to keep a car 300,000 miles anyways. Yea MAYBE you won't have any internal engine problems but certainly everything else will have been replaced by that point, that will probably exceed in cost the $3,000 you'd get back.

150,000 miles at most and I offload my cars. Not worth the work or headaches.

As you said, to each his own. Perhaps you just end up picking bad cars if you have to replaced everything but the internals at 150,000.

In my experience, any car worth owning is just hitting its stride around 150,000 miles... that is, if it is properly maintained.

I have to agree with Throt, it's just advertising [censored]. But whatever. I don't plan on keeping any vehicles that long, as do more than 95% of drivers, so QS knows they're offering little if anything to most of us.
Having said that, I do plan on keeping my 08 PT Cruiser, my 10 Tacoma and my 13 Altima more than five years...Hey wait, I've already done that 2 out of 3, and yes, the Cruiser has the original battery, 9 years and 11 days and counting!

Last edited:
Truth be told...as a high mileage driver...300k is the reality for every vehicle i own...and I hit that number in 10 years generally. Living in the rust belt, my vehicles still wont have any rust and other than plugs, filters, brakes and tires...i don't do much else to them.

its a nice idea but honestly, i wouldn't bother....run that valvoline with confidence and don't look back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back