Engine wear and E85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shata
I agree with you I mean this engine was driven real hard and always at high Rpms but in normal daily driven engine or one that see occasional spirited driving it's not normal to see smooth cylinders. On low wearing engines you will see cross hatching even on 200k gas engine, at least from photos of tear down engines I've seen.

That e85 is keeping the piston tops real clean. And someone earlier said something about gapless rings, that's not even possible lol they need to have gap either preset or file to fit.

Please look up gap less rings, they've been around for a long time.

Yeah that E85 did so well in that car that cylinder walls are optically pure mirrors now! How impeccably polished! Worthy of astronomer-grade instruments.

I own a 2014 Chevy Silverado with the direct injected 5.3. I've ran a whole oil change interval strictly on E-85 and another on just regular gas using the exact same type of oil for each. Sent the samples to Blackstone...identical results as far as lab analysis goes...as far as my personal analysis goes, the oil sample after running e-85 for 6000 miles, the oil came out almost as gold as when it went in the engine. Using gas, the oil came out black. But as far as wear particles in the oil, again, samples were identical.

Last edited:
delasueno, Blackstone doesn't give you 75% of the other tests a good UOA should have. So you're likely missing vital data.

E85 reduces wear, deposits and a whole lot of other things. I've done too many tests where we ditch gasohol for E85 and the wear and a lot of other variables disappear. It is not corrosive unlike gasoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back