Questions about Kelly Blue Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 7055
Well it just sold out from under me, anybody have recommendations on other vehicles that are as low mileage and luxurious as a Five Hundred that I could acquire for such a low price? Something to start searching for

Yup, good deals don't last. And while price guides tend to over-value high mileage cars, it's just the opposite for low miles.

In 8-10 year old cars, you can find some nice values in Caddys, Lincolns, Grand Marquis, etc. But, it seems to me that anything low mileage in a Toyota, Nissan, or other popular foreign based car maker is priced through the roof. Anything Pontiac, Ford, Mercury, Buick, Chevy, Dodge, and Chrysler, etc that's older would be worth looking at if low miles. I remember when I bought my 2002 Lincoln with 22K miles back in 2009 for $9K. When looking at nearly all used car lots, the cars were wrecks and priced nearly the same despite 75K-125K miles. At CarMax I couldn't touch a car like I bought for under $14K. For $10K they had cars with 4X the miles. You may have to beat the weeds or haunt the old folks homes to find something. But it could be worth it.

Right now I can get an '08 Taurus Limited fully loaded, FWD with 83k on it for 4750 from a private seller with clean title. The only thing is it was in a front end collision, replaced a headlight, hood and fender. I looked at the car, couldn't find a thing wrong with it, looked pristine. I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead with it for 4750 or pass because of the collision. I talked him down from 5,400 and left with telling him I'd have to think about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back