ask best used truck for daily drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
What you really want is a Mazda/Ranger.

Got one for my daughter a couple of years ago. Wow, they are amazing. Hard to find a stick shift but if you do they are nearly perpetual motion with very low costs to operate...

The best never rest...
grin.gif

p0qMFap.jpg

289K mi on the Explorer, 186K on the green Ranger. Another 194K on the black Ranger not in the pic.

+1. I've owned four Rangers, and never had a bad one.

hello guys,

i need opinion, which one has low maintenance cost between Chevy colorado 3.6L V6 gas engine or 2.8L I4 diesel engine?

and for comparison among Toyota Tacoma 3.5L V6, Chevy Colorado 3.6L V6 and Ford F-150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost, which one has low maintenance cost, high durable (i will use 5-10 years, more than 300k miles), and low mpg (i need experience based on real on the road not EPA)? and also can all use regular gas?

for towing reason, maybe in year 2-3 times towing needed.

i dont talk about power because i know who is better in hp and torque among them laugh

i need more opinion in real on the road because this is gonna be my one and only daily driven laugh

Originally Posted By: nyumski
hello guys,

i need opinion, which one has low maintenance cost between Chevy colorado 3.6L V6 gas engine or 2.8L I4 diesel engine?

and for comparison among Toyota Tacoma 3.5L V6, Chevy Colorado 3.6L V6 and Ford F-150 3.5L V6 Ecoboost, which one has low maintenance cost, high durable (i will use 5-10 years, more than 300k miles), and low mpg (i need experience based on real on the road not EPA)? and also can all use regular gas?

i dont talk about power because i know who is better in hp and torque among them laugh

i need more opinion in real on the road because this is gonna be my one and only daily driven laugh
American small Diesel engines suck, not as reliable as their gas cousins.

hello guys,

I think they'll all have "low mpg", but you probably want high mpg

Originally Posted By: Ducked
hello guys,

oh yeah i mean high mpg @.@

Originally Posted By: Ducked
hello guys,

oh yeah i mean high mpg @.@

Then perhaps you should be looking at something else.

Ranger seems to be favourite above. I saw a new one here last week, and it looked pretty hefty, but I'm not American, and maybe the older ones are not so supersize.

Last edited:
EDIT: Looked it up. Apparently the new one was designed in Australia and is built in Thailand, and isn't (or wasn't in 2017 anyway) available in the USA. ENDEDIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back