Who makes BRP's XPS 4-Stroke Synthetic Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what is it? No information whatsoever is present on the bottles nor in XPS's website. Manual for my 2016 Grand Touring LE snowmobile with 900 ACE 4 Stroke engine mentions SAE 0W-40 API SM synthetic oil as alternative. Chaincase oil is also a secret...

I had the first oil change done at the dealer yesterday but it would be nice to know what they actually put in it. Mechanic confirmed they get the XPS oil in bulk.

Since 2008 they have used a custom blender based in Minnesota, or Wisconsin...It was on their web site years ago, but they took it down. Cant remember the name

i run Valvoline 5-40 in my can-am. no complaints. the gear box gets amsoil... but i cant remember what one... I'll look for it n let you know.

Nice machine
smile.gif

I have a Yamaha Apex. Are the Ski Doos as much of a pain to change the oil like the Yamahas? I use Amsoil 0w40 Powersport in mine. I'm not sure who blends their oil, last I knew Citgo makes Yamahas. I'm sure BRP is whoever the lowest bidder is as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
I have a Yamaha Apex. Are the Ski Doos as much of a pain to change the oil like the Yamahas? I use Amsoil 0w40 Powersport in mine. I'm not sure who blends their oil, last I knew Citgo makes Yamahas. I'm sure BRP is whoever the lowest bidder is as well.
I have a Can Am Maverick. Took me 4 hrs to gut the interior to access the oil filter!

Looks like they are. There are 2 drain plugs and muffler disposal is mandatory to get access to the filter. So, the mechanic simply sucked it out...

XPS's website makes a case for themselves that they do not farm out to the lowest bidder as car companies tend to do...

did my Yama sled with Valvoline HDEO 5/40 took 3 hrs. ..was my 1st OCI on this machine.

Originally Posted By: Minou

Looks like they are. There are 2 drain plugs and muffler disposal is mandatory to get access to the filter. So, the mechanic simply sucked it out...

XPS's website makes a case for themselves that they do not farm out to the lowest bidder as car companies tend to do...
Yamahas have two plugs as well, it's about a 2-3hr job. Lol

Originally Posted By: Srt20
Lubrication Technologies, Minnesota

Thanks.

Rode the Ski-Doo 256 km yesterday. Top speed is 138-139 km/hr (86 MPH) at 7000 RPM. No redline on the tachometer.

Originally Posted By: Minou
Originally Posted By: Srt20
Lubrication Technologies, Minnesota

Thanks.

Rode the Ski-Doo 256 km yesterday. Top speed is 138-139 km/hr (86 MPH) at 7000 RPM. No redline on the tachometer.

You don't need a redline on the tach as the CVT is calibrated to set the engine's peak rpm (though I imagine you may already know this) so there is practically no chance of inadvertently over-revving it. In the event of a drive belt breaking or some other potential "fly in the ointment" there is an engine speed cutoff programmed into the ECU as a fail-safe.

FWIW, Laflamme Racing, from Sherbrooke, is now offering clutch kits for your sled (eDrive2 clutch) should you want to bump up performance...

I use Mobil 1, of the proper viscosity in my Yamaha 4-stroke. For the Skidoo injection oil I use the Mystic/Citgo ''Sea & Snow". No adverse issues here.

None of these manufacturers have their own refinery, they try to keep it a secret to get the rider to pay $8.95 for a quart of oil.

Originally Posted By: Mr_Joe
$8.95 for a quart of oil.

try like 21. here. it's crazy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back