Train horns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here installed train horns? I would rather not istall them on the rear of the truck. Can they be installed toward the front of my avalanche if i limit the horn size to 12 inches?

If you do it right you'll a place to mount the air tank and compressor. Love those horns...

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Is ur horn not loud enough?

lets just say, sometimes i need a bit more horn.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

I like your style.

When they are that loud, it really doesn't matter where you mount them. Everyone in a two block radius is gonna know when you hit it. Don't think 12 feet from the front to under the bed will make much difference.

Last edited:
I have a hornblaster's kit and you could mount the horns up front if you have the room.

I install these all the time at a place I work during the summer. Place them anywhere they fit! Doesn't matter where. I would say they usually end up near the rear of the truck and the compressor usually ends up near the passenger side but I've never done an avalanche before. Good luck

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

I like your style.

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Its not to play pranks. A development went in near my property. The road leading to my driveway goes past the development entrance. For some reason, people turning left out of the entrance , assume everyone lives there. I constantly come close to getting hit. Even though i am giving no signal and there are 10 driveways past that entrance. I have almost hit several cars in the side. They turn left right in front of me assuming i'm going to turn right into the development. My avalanche is bright yellow. The only issue is a highway patrolman lives across from the entrance to the development! So use will have to be few and far between.

I love a prank as much as the next person but you can easily see how invasive, alarming potentially destructive this one is.

Somewhere, sometime the wrong cadre of personalities will react with a hail of gardening stones, bricks, glass bottles or whatever's handy to join in the fun.

Then it'll be your turn to jump and their's to laugh. Just predicting, Kira

ps Where do I get a set of those babies? k

Its not to play pranks. A development went in near my property. The road leading to my driveway goes past the development entrance. For some reason, people turning left out of the entrance , assume everyone lives there. I constantly come close to getting hit. Even though i am giving no signal and there are 10 driveways past that entrance. I have almost hit several cars in the side. They turn left right in front of me assuming i'm going to turn right into the development. My avalanche is bright yellow. The only issue is a highway patrolman lives across from the entrance to the development! So use will have to be few and far between.

Rather than be an idiot with overly loud horns, just use some common sense, anticipate the problem and slow down a bit. Your train horns won't solve anything-it's just a childish attempt to get even.

Considering that you recognize that a "highway patrolman" would have an issue with your train horns speaks volumes.

An obscenely loud horn is not going to fix your problem here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back