true story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was picking up some parts at our local NAPA yesterday and the guy in front of me needed some oil and a filter for his car. He had 4 bottles of PYB, and a NAPA Gold filter at the counter.

The store owner asked if he needed anything else, and with the answer being "no" he said "Ok, so four bottles of wax and a filter to go, that will be $24.05 plus tax"

I thought it was funny.

No .... It was funny.

I dont like Pennzoil either
wink.gif

I get annoyed with any clerk that has something negative to say about any product that I am buying from his establishment, any product I have determined is a tried and true product. That person is almost always an hourly employee and not an owner. I had one guy at advance tell me that the 6 bottles of Gumout ALL-in One with PEA was a total waste of money and that the real stuff was the STP in the seafoam-type cans...whatever. That gumout was on sale for $5.50 per bottle (BOGO) last month.

But yes, that little crack he made is a funny one...had to read it twice to pick it up! Their current base oil is a far cry from the paraffinic (waxy) PA crude used 40 years ago!

It could have been worse, the guy could have walked out with 4 bottles of Brine.....also known as NAPA motor oil. Though I'm sure the clerk had no idea of what chemicals were used in either oil.

Originally Posted By: meborder
that will be $24.05 plus tax"

Usually the clerk gives the final price with tax so you know the exact amount to pay. No need to give a pretax amount on a simple purchase.

I would bet my week pay that there is NOT a single store clerk in this country who can do that math in his head!

"True story"! Sure, if you say so.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I would bet my week pay that there is NOT a single store clerk in this country who can do that math in his head!

"True story"! Sure, if you say so.

Wow ... Just wow ...

Yes, he gave him the total with the tax included ...
Forgive me, I dont remember the exact total...

The Wax was on sale for 3.89 and the gold filters are about $8.49ish when they aren't on sale.

Lose the Forrest for the trees much?

Around here, Pennzoil is almost universally hated. The only place I find people who speak kindly of it is here. I guarantee the guy only bought it because it was on sale and was the cheapest brand name oil on the shelf. He didn't even buy enough for a complete change because he "had some at home". In fact, he kept telling the guy behind the counter that his impala had the 3.7 untill he got beat up enough to call his dad and was told it was the 3.9.

Believe it or don't ... I was there and it's my story
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back