Shell Advance 4T Ultra 15W50 - Unobtainium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never have been able to figure out why this oil is so restricted by Shell in the US market.

Specialized oil for a very small user base.
Zero gain for Shell to make it available wide scale, but a lot of pain managing more SKUs and locations selling those SKUs.

I can get it locally, if you let me charge you a ridiculous price i can send you some
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Never have been able to figure out why this oil is so restricted by Shell in the US market.

The Iron Pony superstore in Columbus Ohio keeps both the 15w50 and 10w40 in stock.

BMW advantec oils are now made by shell, their semi-syn is surely more $$$ than the full "synthetic" group III, Advance 4T Ultra, surely a better oil for less $$$ BMW = $$$$$ as always

Just to liven things up a bit. I'm using a 10w60 in my 748 & 900SS. They like it. Especially the 900SS when the weather's hot.

I first tried Castrol edge but I did a bit of research and found the Castrol spec sheet. I compared this to 10w60 from Biltema (A cut price automotive parts chain ) and found the specs give bracketed the Castrol oil. I tried the Biltema oil and found no noticeable difference. The 900SS went a full season on this oil and only towards the end have I noticed a slight degradation in gear change quality. Other oils are pretty noticeable when the oil needs changing. I understand that both oils are made in the same refinery in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back