Craigslist tanslations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
RARE! = I want lots of money for a real piece of ____.

No phone number in listing, email listed only, poor description, little or no pics = I'm making my wife think I'm trying to sell this, but I'm really not trying to at all

Including a phone # is an important decision... some people want to talk your ear off while you're trying to work, when they should really get only two or three questions before making an appointment to see it in person. (For an average non-collector car)

Condition is something that ethically needs to be agreed upon in a first person inspection.

My second biggest gripe with CL is when a seller doesn't list the vehicle's mileage....that means it's very high, IMO.

My biggest gripe with CL is the astronomical amount of vehicles being sold 'BY OWNER' that are really being sold by a DEALER (it's about 2/3s in my area)....I don't understand why CL allows this.

So was browsing CL today for a cheap 4wd and came across a couple descriptions that are this thread to a T. Most say needs inspected; yea, you mean won't pass inspection. Think I'll take my chances at the public auction.

I remember when shopping for my first car "killer stereo" came up a lot. I assumed this actually meant a short would cause electrocution.

There's another beautiful Orvis on my local CL. They originally wanted $3000 for a 22 year old Jeep with 250,000 miles.. a week went by and he's down to $2000. The rims and grille are black, he has a Monster energy drink in the cup holder in one pic and a pack of smokes in another pic. No offence to folks that smoke, but being a non smoker, a previously smoked in vehicle does not interest me.

There's another ZJ where the guy brags about how great it is and his one of many (IMO great) photos was of the dash with 2 illuminated orange lights. I shot him a text.. One is a CEL and another is an ABS. No mention of that in the ad..

No idea what a cheap ZJ goes for here, but lately it seems like $1000 will need sunk into one regardless of what you pay. As much as I want a ZJ, I might as well get another WJ.. which is a bit redundant.
crazy.gif

Last edited:
the owner says the vehicle has always been garaged.......yes, in the local garage for constant repairs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back