Fendt/Deutz Engline Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am needing to change the oil in a 2012 Fendt 720 agriculture tractor. So the spec in the book recommends a Fendt Ultra Grade 10W-40 UHPD or an oil that meets Deutz DQC-III-10 specs. The Fendt oil is only available in Germany to my knowledge, and I assume the dealers here use the standard Agco Oil. Regardless I have been searching for other oils that meet the Deutz spec and haven't found much of anything. I don't know if this spec really is that special or different than the other good heavy duty oils available.

So what do you guys think of using Rotella T6 5w-40? I was also considering looking at the Amsoil heavy duty diesel oil. I would like to stay full synthetic, but I guess I would look at anything available that would work. I have used Case Akcela No.1 oil and Mystic in some of the other tractors around here without any issues. Ultimately wanting to baby this tractor as much as possible.

It doesn't have to be Synthetic, just thinking Synthetic to cover me if I go a little over the hours between changes etc. I have been running Synthetic in my car and 4-wheelers for a long time, it just made sense to do the same in a much more expensive investment.

T5 15W40 would probably be a better choice than the 5W40 since you don't have the cold start requirements. It seems only the 10W30 T5 has the Deutz DQC-III-10 test done on it though? I wonder if the Deutz test is tough or shell doesn't bother to do it on many oils as the tractors are pretty rare here?

No idea how tough the standard is or not. I assumed since Deutz isn't super popular in the US it was probably extra validation without any benefits for them. It is interesting only the 10w30 has the spec, and not the 15w40.

I would guess a lot of these other oils are just fine, and they simply haven't been certified. I can't see the standard really being any tougher or that different from others specs. Someone correct me if I am wrong on assuming that.

I am looking up the official Agco oil to see if it officially has the specs. I would not be surprised if it does not!

I found Ravenol Euro Truck VI which meets the standard and is 10w40. I can get it online here in the states, and it doesn't seem to be outlandishly priced. Any thoughts on Ravenol's products? I have never heard or used them before.

Deutz are air cooled diesel tractors aren't they? I would want to use something able to withstand the higher operating temps of that air cooled engine.

I think Deutz is most well known for their air cooled engines, but these are water cooled.

Most likely the Shell Rotella 10W-30 passes their spec because it is part synthetic and any cold weather operation (Germany in winter) would benefit from the 10W and part syn base stock. Other than that, I would consider any good quality 15W-40. My 2 favorites are part syn Schaeffers 15W-40 and full syn Amsoil AME 15W-40. These are both outstanding oils that can definitely run for extended oil change intervals and will baby your engine, based on my experiences. If you want to find either of these locally, just pull up their websites and search for a retailer or dealer by zip code. Usually can find within 20 miles in many areas. Plus there are dealers for both on this website that would be glad to help you find some. 2 oils def worth finding imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back