2000 gran prix engine or trans surge

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone ever feel this in their car ? mine is surgeing right at about 45mph or when the torque converter comes in, i think. car runs good and i've tried another maf sensor and other known good sensors on the car. i'm thinking maybe torque converter lockup solnoid. thoughts ?

Could be the converter. My brother's cutlass did that for a long time until we changed out a failing ignition coil. A slight misfire at low rpm will become noticeable once the converter locks.

If you are driving around town place the shifter in "3" instead of overdrive and see if it goes away.

Last edited:
My 95 Regal was doing something similar at the same speed. I thought it was shuddering tho and tried lubeguard shudder fix. It seemed to fix my cars symptoms but your problem may be unrelated.

Last edited:
You need an advanced scan tool on it and see what the malfunction is, anything else is guessing and chatter. It could be anything from a faulty engine sensor, bad plugs to a 4th gear input shaft going away or anything else in between, take a guess its going to be as good as mine. Not very helpful I know but that's the way it is with problems like this, some things just demand to be diagnosed properly with the proper equipment.

it does it in 3rd gear too. new plugs and wires and no codes. once you get over about 60 it seemd to go away. happens when you put a load on it about 45 to 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back