Liqui-moly valve clean users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just figured since I hadn't had this truck very long that I should try some stuff every so often to help with cleaning the engine up.

103,000miles when I got this truck so why not.

I have 105k or so now.

Anything wrong with using this every tankful for awhile. It treats 20gals and I have a 32gal when I want to fill it full so I can either lessen the strength or go the other way. My first use was when my tank was at a 1/4 and I drove the truck about 75 miles before filling it up.

If I get some decent mileage out of a 1/2ton ram on the interstate after a month of driving with this in the fuel I'll let y'all know.

If it's good for the German made car manufactures. Maybe it will help a 4th gen mds 5.7...

Today when I wasn't too lead footed at times my mileage went back up to 18mpg city.

Not bad compared to the 15-16mpg I was getting before hand for city.

I tried it multiple times over the years and it did nothing visible to hard deposits, it seems like another product that cleans the wallet pretty good but not much else. Keeping the valves clean in the first place with tier 1 fuel is a better way IMO.

So since I only use shell 87 octane fuel. Or Chevron I wouldn't see that much change because the additives already in their fuel is good enough for keeping carbon deposits down?

I bought some bottle on bulk so I guess it would work more on my '92 Cherokee than my truck.

Both are tier 1 so they will keep things clean. I have seen valves in engines that ran Shell since new and the valves were spotless at 130K.

That's pretty good news Trav.

But since I haven't had this 1/2 ton that long. I'm just at its first 3k OCI since I got it. I did switch the oil brand from whatever it was running to 5w20 maxlife syn blend all because I have been wanting to clean this engine up.

There are plenty of Shell stations around my area so that's all I run in both vehicles. What may help already on keeping fuel system clean is I had 3ozs of Marine StaBil 360 every time I fill it up. A bit less when adding half a tank.

For a 5.7 hemi 4th gen Ram ... I'm going to try to get the best mileage and power out of it.

Continued use of tier 1 fuel is the key, not ever other tankful. V power will clean up old deposits with continued regular use in older engines but it takes time, nothing is happening overnight or in the case of a product like Redline SI-1 a one time use, it doesn't work that way.
The SI-1 is a good product, use a full bottle the first time and then a few ounces per full tankful every time, it will clean up lots of junk in time or maintain a clean fuel system and engine top end.

The worst possible thing to use is cheap gas from no name stations, its an expensive proposition down the road. Dirty injectors, valve deposits on the rear and face, piston top deposits that find their way into the rings and so on. Again running one tank isn't going to do any harm the effects are cumulative.

Just added a can the other day with less than 1/2 a tank on a 1/2 ram and I'm pretty sure my mileage improved just a bit. 1-2mpg.

I bought a bulk amount on Amazon and add a bottle when the fuel gauge shows 1/4tank once a month.

It has worked on more pep on faster throttle response. That is only when I keep the mds turned off since my 4th gen ram likes changing modes a lot when driving. That alone gets rather annoying but for now I'm ok.

18mpg average when driving conservative.

Without I'm 15-16mpg. About to add two bottles tomorrow due to a 32gal tank and I'm under 1/4tank.

If it's stays consistent at 18mpg I'll post a last follow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back