New Lubes / CLP's You Want To Try In 2017 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as the title states - any new lubes or CLP's you want to try in 2017 ? ... For me , perhaps Seal 1 Liquid or G96 Synthetic Lube . Although not new - I have not tried them yet .

Been using BF CLP for years on all my guns without issue. If I know I'm going out in wet weather I'll wipe down the exterior with fluim film or T9 first sometimes... Of course, I don't really get out as much as I'd like in the first place.

I might pick up a tub of Grizzly Lube as I keep seeing it on Amazon. Might try it on the new 1911 I have coming in the next week.

Hoppes, Kroil and Mobil 1. Why try anything else when these work so well and I have more than I will probably use in a lifetime.

If your happy with what you currently use - then that's fine ... Mainly just interested in anything new that readers are planning to try .

Originally Posted By: buck91
Been using BF CLP for years on all my guns without issue. If I know I'm going out in wet weather I'll wipe down the exterior with fluim film or T9 first sometimes... Of course, I don't really get out as much as I'd like in the first place.

I'm another fan of Boeing TO9 "Boeshield" for wet weather and fog
smile.gif

Current:
Weapon Shield Oil.
For cleaning I was using Bore Tech Eliminator but now using the Bore Tech carbon remover and Bore Tech copper remover. Seems better than the Eliminator which seemed like a 2-in-1 kind of stuff.

Thinking: Bore Tech rimfire cleaner (curious for 22s if it has some advantage).

Last edited:
Others I have not tried but have an eye on : Rand CLP , FP-10 , SLIP 2000 & Fire Clean .

Without watching that video and only going by the words listed in your link, the Lucas Extreme CLP is the only fair matchup to Weaponshield and Slip 2000EWL.
The one you spelled-out in that link is a Lucas gun oil.

Board member Ws6 sent me about five different top of the line ones. The one I liked-most was Lucas Extreme CLP.... even more-so than Weaponshield, Slip 2000EWL, Gun Butter, Mpro7 and Gunzilla.

How I rate them....
Lucas Extreme CLP
Slip 2000EWL
Gunzilla (really thin in application, but works great, especially in a muzzleloader barrel)
Weaponshield
Mpro7 (really smells)
Gun Butter (gummy)

All are great at their business. But products like Gun Butter, Frog Lube are just 'overly' plant-based and can gum-up a weapon in cold weather. I'll pass on ever using those again.

Last edited:
Purchased a case of MileSyn semi syn motor oil 5w20 for my Scion and Hyundai.

I'm trying it out because they are from Niagara Falls, NY. I lived near that area for 30 years.

I think it was $29.99 for a case of 12 bottles on amazon.

They have 5 gallon buckets for $55 or so, but I didn't want to mess with that "just yet". I'll try a case first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back