Laser rust/paint removal - really cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't such lasers dependent on the subject color for energy absorption? If so, then this light attacks red rust. What would happen if a body part got in the way?

so how many gallons of Evapo-rust could you buy for the cost of that and the protective gear. Then there is maintenance of it.

Rod

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Aren't such lasers dependent on the subject color for energy absorption? If so, then this light attacks red rust. What would happen if a body part got in the way?

Later in the video the guy put his finger down and let the laser pass over his finger. There was no apparent pain or burning to his finger from the laser.

Originally Posted By: ragtoplvr
so how many gallons of Evapo-rust could you buy for the cost of that and the protective gear. Then there is maintenance of it.

Rod

No way that Evapo-rust gives those results.

Chief advantage of this system is a total and complete lack of liquid and caustic chemicals, and no need to isolate the piece being worked on.

Just walk up, zap, drop the mic and walk away.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Is there a HF version I can get for $69.95 with coupon?

01.gif

The high power ones (which are often shown in the videos) were selling at almost a half-million dollars the last time I looked. You can get cheaper ones with less power for under $100,000.

I am seeing them at 55K for the portable P Laser unit, I wont be giving up my $55 angle grinder anytime soon but for large restoration shops and machine shops that do large aged castings it will save that much in a short time.

Trav, maybe dry ice blasting ??

It works the reverse of the laser, in providing a cold thermal shock.

We've got a set-up at work that we bought for cleaning up turbine components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back