Royal Purple HMX 5w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil is oil at any given price point and todays oils are so good that boutique types are just marketing. Just pick the oil that will make you Feel life is worth living and enjoy.

It will give you a feeling of exclusivity, not available to those who run their engine a similar distance on WalMart oil.

It's a good oil, I've used it and the HPS line. It's great stuff if you can buy it on a pepboys 40-50% off promotion or find it for $2 a quart At autozone on clearance.

RP is hated here on BITOG. It's good oil, with a generally higher price. Check your autozone as I bought RP 0w20 SN for 2$ a quart last week. The HMX line was marked $2 as well in 10w30 grade, but it was all sold out.

I like the royal purple products with synerlec, they are indeed unique and special unlike API compliant products. The synerlec is a good anti wear additive.

Originally Posted By: WillB
I wish good oil could be had that cheap. Up here, does not matter what name is on the bottle, $14 is average for a litre, $50 - $60 per jug.

Just keep an eye out on what's on sale for the week and you'll be paying a lot less than $14 a litre and $50-60 per jug.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
It's a good oil, I've used it and the HPS line. It's great stuff if you can buy it on a pepboys 40-50% off promotion or find it for $2 a quart At autozone on clearance.

RP is hated here on BITOG. It's good oil, with a generally higher price. Check your autozone as I bought RP 0w20 SN for 2$ a quart last week. The HMX line was marked $2 as well in 10w30 grade, but it was all sold out.

why so much hate on royal purple?

It would be a suitable choice. Watch pricing. Just a note to the other posters, that RP from the right supplier and in the right product line up here isn't necessarily obscenely expensive and can be a very good deal. Even at regular retail pricing, which is a pretty fair comparison, on the same shelves, RP API stuff is priced right between M1 and M1 EP, and given their mileage claims, I would say that's pretty fair. In other words, it is cheaper than PUP, gold bottle Edge, and M1 EP at all regular pricing. From my supplier, too, their gear lube is also cheaper than other synthetic competitors, particularly since those almost never go on sale. Of course, one is probably better off price wise simply watching for rollbacks or buying from the distributor, but that's another matter altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back