0/20 Valvoline any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that noise isn't necessarily an indicator of a good oil but my Subaru is noticeably quieter on Valvoline SynPower 0W-20 than it is on M1EP. Not sure if that helps.

as long as it is an approved oil for your car I would go nuts. Valvoline is a good oil. If you're looking for a very similar product that is usually on sale/cheaper I would go for the NAPA brand. Their full syn is usually on sales for a good price

Which one? It's a Fanatastic deal for Synpower w/Maxlife technology, great deal for SynPower, good deal for MaxLife.

Originally Posted By: IveBeenRued
I know that noise isn't necessarily an indicator of a good oil but my Subaru is noticeably quieter on Valvoline SynPower 0W-20 than it is on M1EP. Not sure if that helps.

As was my older Impreza. I'm going to try SynPower in my Accord the next OCI and see if that trend continues.

The best in this range Ive used. IMO, Better than PU or M1, or QSUD.

Valvoline Synpower 0w20. Better formula than their 5w30. Must be magic sauce.

I might try Magnetec - I haven't seen a 5w20 or 0w20.

and Yes you can run 5w20 in normal Climes; If not, engine is Junk.

Apologies..after all that I wound up going to Fleet/Farm and buying a case of Citgo 0/20 all synthetic $2.49 qt., my last minute decision because I'll be running this brand with the consistant sale/rebate offers right close to work.

Nobody talks much about Citgo but they really sell it cheap like A/R $1.00 for 100% Synthetic and .59 Semi Synthetic which I have stock in 5/20 5/30 just thought I'd stay in 0/20 spec for the warranty period.

I'll do a UOA on the second OCI to confirm it's a good value.

Whatever the cheapest 0w20 is at the time will be just fine for you in that application. With reasonable intervals, even the 20 wt will do great with that small turbo.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
I see Menard has it on sale for $2.79 and my 1.5T Honda spec's this weight.

Most UOA's I see seem to indicate Honda engines like Valvoline.

Mine seem to so I run it most of the time, I'm working out of my stock of the 5w20 Cherry version and have been picking up jugs of the full Syn 0w20 ML for them.

So you went with a good oil at a killer price?
Sounds like a plan.
These days, you don't see many oils aside from Valvoline that use a sodium based add pack.
I wonder why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back