Alberta man punches cougar attacking his dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
National Post article

Quote:
WHITECOURT, Alta. — An Alberta man says he fought off a cougar that was attacking his dog by punching the big cat in the head.

William Gibb says he stopped at a Tim Hortons in Whitecourt, northwest of Edmonton, on Boxing Day.

He let his two dogs out for a bathroom break near a wooded area, then heard one of them crying in pain.

Gibb says he ran to see what was wrong and found the cougar on top of his husky, Sasha, so he bashed it with his fist.

The cougar jumped off and Gibb took the dog to a veterinarian, who stitched up her cuts and puncture wounds.

RCMP say they found the cougar in the trees near the restaurant and, because it was ready to pounce on officers, they shot and killed the animal.

Apparently Aussies aren't the only blokes punching out animals that are attacking their dogs
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
And this is why everyone should pack heat.

Bear size pepper spray would have been a better solution than shooting an animal only doing what its natural instincts tell it to do.

That is wild.. I could see clubbing it with something handy but punching it?

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Apparently even a Canadian "man bites dog" story has to mention Tim Hortons

Thats cuz they're everywhere!!

Canadians get restless when they're not within sight of a Tim Horton's sign.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mk378

That or Canadian Tire

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Why do we insist on killing animals? No sport when using a rifle. Just for the fun of it I guess.
I don't Know....
21.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Eddie
Why do we insist on killing animals? No sport when using a rifle. Just for the fun of it I guess.

no sport when using a rife? from a person that has never hunted maybe?
i hunt for food. and shoot prairie dogs to keep the flees and diseases in other game animals down.
the plague runs rampant when they get over populated.

Originally Posted By: mk378

Our town of around ~100K people has 14 Tim Horton's at last count. It is nuts.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
And this is why everyone should pack heat.

Bear size pepper spray would have been a better solution than shooting an animal only doing what its natural instincts tell it to do.

Police wound up shooting the thing anyway.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
If you watch AvE on YouTube he has a pretty hilarious rundown of this, using genuine Canaderp language.

Originally Posted By: Rand
That is wild.. I could see clubbing it with something handy but punching it?

Its how we do things up here. No biggie.

Here is a better link in the guys own words without all the junior high expletives:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/r...e-dog-1.3914210

They put the big cat down, cuz once they have a mentality such as that they can attack humans with no issue. Standard proceedure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back