Motorcraft 0w20 SS Blend For Hybrids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm revisiting this.
I asked prior if the 0w20 MC oil was really special because Ford suggests that it does handle oil gelling better
and that is a selling point. Thank you Shannow for your comments on an old thread. I just saw them today.
I asked if it really was any different than their 5w20 as it was not obvious to me.

I have not purchased it but it is in the factory fill on my new C-Max Hybrid.
Last week unfortunately I ran into some 11-17F degree weather and on the 11 degree day the wind-chill was well below 0F and I got stuck short tripping the car several times- really short tripping. Most here have seen the Fusion Hybrid video from Canada and the gelling and complaints.

On my car I had absolutely no gelling at all and I checked several times. Did Ford fix this for 2016 or is the oil really a special type of magic. I ask only for conversation sake. I seen nothing in the 0w20 to make it special but then again it could have been right in front of me and I'm not educated enough to know..... you get the idea
smile.gif

The C-Max does have an active front grill- not sure about the Fusion Hybrids.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back