Amsoil OE 5w30 - 5,670 - 1998 Toyota Camry V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
01/07/11 05:24 PM
thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif
Somebody revived a 6 year old thread to rip on Amsoil and grouse about what other people spend. BITOG rocks!

It's veryHeavy's fault...he hates Amsoil so much he had to go starting finding old threads....

Wow, interesting to see my old thread back from the archives. Haha.

This car is still in the family. Currently like 280k or something like that. Been running crazy blends of leftover oil in various viscosity and as long as my math ended up with at least 5w30 or 5w40.

I'm waiting for 300k to pull another sample. Honestly, I thought the bearings will call it a day by now. The UOA never looked too good for this engine. Still purrs like a kitten. 5-7k OCIs with custom synth blend.

thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif
Somebody revived a 6 year old thread to rip on Amsoil and grouse about what other people spend. BITOG rocks!

+1

Every time I see "Amsoil" in the post title, I know there will usually be the "but at Wallyworld, oil xyz is cheaper" argument. Why do people worry so much about what OTHERS are spending on oil? Oh well.....

Last edited:
I mean, with that mentality, we should all be using Walmart's Super tech Dino oil in our cars and run it 10k miles with a fram orange can of death because technically, the engine will be "just fine" for 200k before the sludge and wear and tear takes over. By then 98% of the original owners would have sold the car, so who cares really???

Right?

Well stated Artem. I'm glad your car is rolling along good still. My lady has a 98 Camry 4 cylinder that is great. Hard to beat those late 90s Toyotas.

thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif
Looks like some people have too much time on their hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back