RIP Carrie Fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another loss for 2016, Carrie Fisher passed away this morning. I can remember seeing A New Hope for the first time back in 1977 as a "tween". Many thanks for the memories and may she rest in peace.

I remember having a crush on her as a young boy, when the first Star Wars hit theaters.

Rest in peace.

Last edited:
No way!

I had heard that she had an event, perhaps a heart attack. Must have been worse than what I had seen reported.

I do recall she had weight fluctuations and a cocaine habit at some point, I guess these things would have a toll. Regardless, thats sad. RIP.

Yeah, that was a shocker. I'm curious about the details on the flight, out over the Atlantic would be a bad place to have a heart attack (if that's the case). RIP

frown.gif
R.I.P. Princess Leia

No details yet, beyond the news that it was a UAL flight LHR-LAX.

UAL has AEDs, trained fight attendants and SATCOM to medical services, and the flight landed in LAX.

I suspect that the incident happened very late in the flight, where LAX was the best option.

I remember seeing Ep. 4 (A New Hope) as a tween as well when it first came out.

Loved it.

Only disappointment was that Fisher wasn't quite as hot, in the movie, as she was in the poster that they made advertising the movie. Hollywood....

RIP

Wonder what this does to the story line now for the upcoming Star Wars movies? She was due to be in them.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Wonder what this does to the story line now for the upcoming Star Wars movies? She was due to be in them.
CGI FTW! If they can bring back Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin) 22 years after he died, I am guessing they can do the same for Carrie Fisher.

RIP.

I was wondering, does her new memoir spilling beans about what went on behind the scene during the early days have anything to do with how she "suddenly" fell ill and pass away at only 60. Despite all the wild things she did, she should not be passing before Harrison Ford.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
RIP.

I was wondering, does her new memoir spilling beans about what went on behind the scene during the early days have anything to do with how she "suddenly" fell ill and pass away at only 60. Despite all the wild things she did, she should not be passing before Harrison Ford.

None of us are guaranteed to be alive tomorrow, regardless of how we have lived our lives. Make the most of every day.

RIP Carrie Fisher
frown.gif
I remember seeing her for the first in the original Star Wars movie at the theatre when I was 8 years old. Oh man I was in love!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back