Loving the New Jaguars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have always liked Jags but the latest models are just looking awesome. Are they more reliable since FoMoCo has parented them for however many years now?

The F Type is a sweet car. The entire Jaguar lineup has a great style these days.

Ford got out of the Jaguar business years ago, though.

Know a guy here who quit them over problems - bought MB 550 - had trouble with it and back to the XJ ...current one seems to be doing fine ...
Somebody cruised by in the new SUV yesterday (paper tags new) - pretty sharp.
Companies now have a propensity to pick a grill design as their "mark" and then attempt to make it work in all designs ...

I like the XJ L, but it's due for an update.

The F-Type and F-Pace are very nice vehicles. Excellent looks and they drive well. I like my Jags a little softer though...

Land Rover no longer uses Lucas, but it's hard to tell from the electronic nightmares they have.

I was recently asked to take in a Land Rover to see if we could sort it out.

I simply said, "No.".

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Land Rover no longer uses Lucas, but it's hard to tell from the electronic nightmares they have.

I was recently asked to take in a Land Rover to see if we could sort it out.

I simply said, "No.".

AutoLogic usually helps sort them quick, but parts prices will shock a customer unless they've been "conditioned" by years of repairs.

They were turds when they had BMW engines before. Doubt it will be an improvement.

I do not think it was the engine that was problem back then.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
They were turds when they had BMW engines before. Doubt it will be an improvement.

I do not think it was the engine that was problem back then.

It wasn't.
wink.gif

The new XE is touted as the 3-series killer. I test drove the XE 3.0 AWD back to back with a 340i. The XE is a great looking car, IMO, but the handling, interior fit & finish, and engine note leave something to be desired. It's very subjective, but I'd rather have the 340i.

Supposedly the XE RWD handles better, but the only way to find out would be to order one from scratch as the local dealers around me don't carry any.

I doubt they are comparable unless both were AWD. IME AWD vehicles are always a bit unwieldly, tend to push badly, and of course they are heavier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back