2002 Tundra Rust...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother is looking at purchasing this Tundra, 170K miles, $2500 from a friend. You can view my principles thread for more info. Here are some pics of the frame...yes or no?

[censored] no.

If you lived in CT, DE, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WI, or WV that Truck would have been recalled.

Really that bad guys? Not just surface rust? I see one area rusted through, looks like a heat shield or something. My brother sent me these pics today. Wanted to get your opinion so I could pass it on to him.

Last edited:
$2500?!? Sucker born every minute. All hail the toyota logo, eh?

Unless perhaps it will be fully repaired under a recall, guaranteed.

Originally Posted By: Uregina09
And two or three days ago everyone was telling Greg $2,500 is too cheap for a 2002 Tundra.

Im sure there are some worth much more than that, with proper recalls and rust mitigation performed.

But this is a 14+ year old truck with portions of metal fully gone from what I see, in a state where there is no recall for the shoddy product.

Originally Posted By: Uregina09
And two or three days ago everyone was telling Greg $2,500 is too cheap for a 2002 Tundra.

Yeah, going to encourage him to not purchase If it looks to be more than surface rust. Which appears to be the case.

First pic is the the deal breaker.

The others just look like mud staining, and maybe a straight piped cat in the last pic of the first post.

But I'll say it...the truck looks a lot more like a $2500 or less truck now.

What's going on with the first pic? Hard to do damage that bad just by not washing off mud. That almost has to be salt damage.

Tundras are famous rust buckets and there hve been recalls for structural corrosion.

That looks far worse than any of my Dodge framed vehicles ever have at that age, and they were all exposed to lots of winter road salt.

My 1999 Dodge looks far better than that, and it's never been sprayed, always used in the winter, and usually sits outside.

I've seen worse, but I still wouldn't touch that one. For $2500 the guy selling it to your brother is no friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back