08 deleted 6.7 cummins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks fine to me. No unusual wear metal levels, silicon is under control and no signs of coolant contamination. Viscosity is in good shape and no signs of fuel dilution. Looks like a 5W40 oil.

@ motor_oil_madman, that TBN is not unusual for a pickup truck. The deleted emissions makes it last longer and iron is often much lower with a deleted system. Can only guess the oil brand...Valvoline 5W40?

it was!!!
Valvoline 5-40. i might be tempted to push to 10K miles...
Is the titanium being 10 a worry?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Killer223
it was!!!

Titanium is an additive not a wear metal.

Originally Posted By: dustyroads
It looks fine to me. No unusual wear metal levels, silicon is under control and no signs of coolant contamination. Viscosity is in good shape and no signs of fuel dilution. Looks like a 5W40 oil.

@ motor_oil_madman, that TBN is not unusual for a pickup truck. The deleted emissions makes it last longer and iron is often much lower with a deleted system. Can only guess the oil brand...Valvoline 5W40?

x2. The Cummins diesel is a good engine, especially without the emissions stuff on there. The emissions equipment and necessary software is usually what leads to premature death of modern diesel engines. The report looks good to me wear-wise.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: Killer223
it was!!!

Titanium is an additive not a wear metal.

Yup, the VPB 15W40 has something like 25-30 ppm titanium.

10k miles would be a walk in the park. It wouldn't even challenge that oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back