UOA 2007 Corolla 5350 miles PU 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, here is my UOA from my spring/summer run. I usually stick with 5k mile oil changes ( I dont drive much and get antsy..) This analysis was courtesy of Pennzoil, so thanks Pennz
smile.gif

w6wkyg.jpg

I only wish that I could of obtained a TBN number for this oil, but based on the lack of anything bad seen, I assume this could of stayed in quite a bit longer..

By the way, the filter used was a Napa Proselect, in which I also cut open.. I was going to try to get a measurement of surface area of filter element but forgot to..

2hg8d42.jpg

2q8rsbb.jpg

33da0cp.jpg

The ADBV was a bit stiff, oil was in about 6 months. I suppose the only thing I dont like about this filter is the ADBV, so next time, I might go with a Napa Silver, which I believe has the silicone ADBV, someone please correct me if im wrong. Thanks
smile.gif

Last edited:
Great report, sure beats the one I had done on the Matrix. Which has 7500 miles on the current oci. I should change it soon. What air filter are you using?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Great report, sure beats the one I had done on the Matrix. Which has 7500 miles on the current oci. I should change it soon. What air filter are you using?

For that interval I had a Fram air filter in place. Never opened air box for duration it was in. I now have a proselect air filter in place with my current OCI with PP 0w20 and an OEM filter. I will be sending in for analysis after winter.

To the best of my knowledge the Napa Silver filter uses the same nitrile ADBV as the pro select. The gold gets you the upgrade in filter media and ADBV. Nice report on the PUP I bet you could've gone double the miles and had the report look nearly identical (save for iron which tendsto track with miles). Bummer no TBN on this report to confirm my suspicion.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
To the best of my knowledge the Napa Silver filter uses the same nitrile ADBV as the pro select. The gold gets you the upgrade in filter media and ADBV. Nice report on the PUP I bet you could've gone double the miles and had the report look nearly identical (save for iron which tendsto track with miles). Bummer no TBN on this report to confirm my suspicion.

Yes, I also would of loved to know TBN...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back