Valvoline NextGen recycled oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nextgen was offered FAR for many months a few years back.
I have some Nextgen Maxlife 10W-30 from that period of generous promotion in our old E350 ATM.
I posted one of the cleanest UOAs I've ever seen from any BMW in August 2012 using Nextgen Maxlife 10W-40.
This was a perfectly good oil that suffered from a misunderstanding of what the recycled content meant.
You can see this in threads of the time, including this one.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
I have some Nextgen Maxlife 10W-30 from that period of generous promotion in our old E350 ATM.
I posted one of the cleanest UOAs I've ever seen from any BMW in August 2012 using Nextgen Maxlife 10W-40.
This was a perfectly good oil that suffered from a misunderstanding of what the recycled content meant.

I used it when i owned a Veloster. Did one UOA and it came back with good numbers. I would have no issue using it again.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

I also used it in a '93 Rx7 with it's oil metering pump intact and it did fantastic.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

Valvoline quit making NextGen because they couldn't control its quality at even 50% recycled content. ...............

Pretty bold statement there, have any sources to back this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back