Fuel cycle and injectors cleaners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a chery A5, i want to clean the fuel cycle & fuel injectors.
I don't have a complain but gasoline in egypt isn't that pure, so protection better than cure.

My question is: is it ok to use ready made solutions or should i untangle the tank & injectors and clean them manually?

Nothing, just precaution as fuel has Impurities.
Usually fuel tanks in egypt got residuals in bottom & some Impurities passes filer & reach injectors.

If the tank is dirty, just drain it completely and then change the fuel filter. If you don't smoke, then it might be possible to clean the bottom of debris after it's drained by gaining access through the tank fuel gauge sender unit. Just don't blow yourself up whilst cleaning the tank (Do the job outside not inside, so there are no petrol vapour issues).

It's a bad idea to pull the injectors or interfere with any part of the injection system, just use a major brand fuel additive designed to clean gum deposits from the injectors.

Always use the best fuel filter and fuel additive you can afford, as replacing injectors or HP fuel pumps is expensive.

Originally Posted By: Omar_Eltahan
I don't have a complain but gasoline in egypt isn't that pure, so protection better than cure.

My question is: is it ok to use ready made solutions or should i untangle the tank & injectors and clean them manually?

The fuel pump has a prefilter for that matter. You still have the line filter and the injectors filters. Let the dirt there, it won't go anywhere.

If you wish to use a fuel cleaner additive, Redline SI1 is one of the best available.

Depending on how bad the fuel quality is, you may be ok with refular filter changes or you may need to clean/replace the tank. If you need to clean or replace the tank it would be a good idea to add a secondary fuel filter to give the injectors more protection.

Originally Posted By: Olas
If you wish to use a fuel cleaner additive, Redline SI1 is one of the best available.

Depending on how bad the fuel quality is, you may be ok with refular filter changes or you may need to clean/replace the tank. If you need to clean or replace the tank it would be a good idea to add a secondary fuel filter to give the injectors more protection.

I like the idea of adding another fuel filter, but Where to put it?

As for fuel cleaner, i think stp & abro are available .. not sure about redline.

Any advice regarding cleaning tank?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ohle_Manezzini

The fuel pump has a prefilter for that matter. You still have the line filter and the injectors filters. Let the dirt there, it won't go anywhere.

You mean dirt will stay in tank & will not move?

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
If the tank is dirty, just drain it completely and then change the fuel filter. If you don't smoke, then it might be possible to clean the bottom of debris after it's drained by gaining access through the tank fuel gauge sender unit. Just don't blow yourself up whilst cleaning the tank (Do the job outside not inside, so there are no petrol vapour issues).

It's a bad idea to pull the injectors or interfere with any part of the injection system, just use a major brand fuel additive designed to clean gum deposits from the injectors.

Always use the best fuel filter and fuel additive you can afford, as replacing injectors or HP fuel pumps is expensive.

Actually your description made me know how non-brave i am, is there another way to clean the tank?

Some people here informed cleaning injectors with ultrasonic, is it safe? Does it require to pull out injectors?

You will get your wallet felt or your credit cards abused if you pull the injectors and take them to a high tech service center. Most of them just use acetone to clean the injectors and then check the spray pattern to see if the injectors have blown tips. About half of all injectors sent to a service center have nothing wrong with them other than gum and that can be removed by using a major brand fuel additive.

With a diesel engine you can use a direct feed additive to top up the fuel filter housing when changing the element, which tends to clean gum out faster than using an in tank additive.

If your tank is badly gunged up (Unlikely with a petrol engine) and you can't get access through the fuel gauge sender unit, then it might be worth thinking about removing it, so you can slosh some new petrol around to rinse it out. Obviuosly drain the tank or use the car until it's empty first.

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
You will get your wallet felt or your credit cards abused if you pull the injectors and take them to a high tech service center. Most of them just use acetone to clean the injectors and then check the spray pattern to see if the injectors have blown tips. About half of all injectors sent to a service center have nothing wrong with them other than gum and that can be removed by using a major brand fuel additive.

With a diesel engine you can use a direct feed additive to top up the fuel filter housing when changing the element, which tends to clean gum out faster than using an in tank additive.

If your tank is badly gunged up (Unlikely with a petrol engine) and you can't get access through the fuel gauge sender unit, then it might be worth thinking about removing it, so you can slosh some new petrol around to rinse it out. Obviuosly drain the tank or use the car until it's empty first.

Thank you for reply ..
I'll try to follow your lead, but i'm worried about the gum or any dirt in injectors, where will it go after additive cleans injectors?

Originally Posted By: Ohle_Manezzini

You mean dirt will stay in tank & will not move?

Exactly. Most of the visible dirt will be kept there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back