Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle 5W30 data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Looks good. Is there an easy way to convert from %/wt to ppm for zinc phosphorous etc?

Move decimal point 4 places to the right.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Does this oil have higher levels of ZZDP like the 5w40?

No, this is an ACEA E6 lubricant, which limits its phosphorus to 800 ppm. I'm not sure why this isn't an E6, E7, E9 lubricant like its competition, but the new ACEA specs are out, so maybe there is a reason hiding somewhere.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Looks good. Is there an easy way to convert from %/wt to ppm for zinc phosphorous etc?
Move the decimal point over a couple of places.

I really hope the T6 5w30 will be more widely available like at Walmart
smile.gif

Interesting. Not seeing where you got the 3.5 HTHS unless it was in the long video, I didn't watch much of that.

Reading the technical data sheet it says that T6 also uses the PurePlus process of converting natural gas to a clear base oil just as Pennzoil Platinum. Since they own and produce both of these products is the 5w-30 T6 the same or better than the Pennzoil Platinum. I have seen the T6 at Walmart and it was cheaper than the Platinum but I always thought it was for Trucks or pickups and not to be used in a GM 6 Cylinder Impala. Would like to know your thoughts about this please.

Originally Posted By: mctmatt
Reading the technical data sheet it says that T6 also uses the PurePlus process of converting natural gas to a clear base oil just as Pennzoil Platinum. Since they own and produce both of these products is the 5w-30 T6 the same or better than the Pennzoil Platinum. I have seen the T6 at Walmart and it was cheaper than the Platinum but I always thought it was for Trucks or pickups and not to be used in a GM 6 Cylinder Impala. Would like to know your thoughts about this please.

Wouldn't say it's cheaper because it's in 4 quart (1 gal) jugs, whereas the PPPP is in a 5 quart.

But, current version T6 can be used in your Impala (now it might be the best choice) , it's dual rated. I occasionally use it in my Jetta.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I'm running T6 10w30 in small engines with great success.

I think you might be confusing T6 with T5. But yes T5 is good stuff also.

Originally Posted By: Delta

Wouldn't say it's cheaper because it's in 4 quart (1 gal) jugs, whereas the PPPP is in a 5 quart.

But, current version T6 can be used in your Impala (now it might be the best choice) , it's dual rated. I occasionally use it in my Jetta.

Thanks Jetta do you think the T6 and Pennzoil Platinum might be one and the same or at least very similar. Your right about the T6 being in the 4 quart bottle as I kinda missed that observation. Maybe the T6 is the same as Ultra Platinum which is never available . If so then I would be making it my next oil purchase.

The T6 I've seen at Walmart is the HDEO 5W40 which Shell Technical does not recommend for use in gasoline cars with catalytic converters. The new T6 Multi-Vehicle 5W-30 is a totally different oil using the Pure Plus (GTL) process and is ACEA SN certified. No Dexos 1 certification, however.

The Shell video is worth watching...Especially from 22:13

Good shear stability and cleanliness...Kinda difficult to quantify D7109 Shear Cycles.

Merkava_4 - Stop looking! This is your oil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back