Propane prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
We last filled in October. It was $1.10/gallon here 35 miles east of Colorado Springs. We're at 55% right now, so due for another fill soon. I imagine it's around the same price. We held between 1.10-1.40 all of last winter.

Pre October 79 cents. November fill 1.19. Seen many tankers go through on the railroad by me. Corn drying took alot of it in our area. I am burning corn as much as I can as its around $107/T. Going to get another ton of wood pellets at $175 Friday when the temps get above zero

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
Here in central California it's about .89 for commercial use and 2.50 to 4.00 for home owners.

If you don't own your own tank you get owned.

$0.55c/L CAD delivered was the price I last paid to fill my tanks for my garage furnace, looking now its about $0.49c/L CAD

$0.95 a gallon back in August. It was the summer fill program and I only use around 350 gallons a year.

Originally Posted By: Al
Here in central California it's about .89 for commercial use and 2.50 to 4.00 for home owners.

If you don't own your own tank you get owned.
When I looked for a new supplier here I was also looking to go to a 500 gallon tank. I asked around and if I wanted to buy one it was near $1000. The one I chose was free installation and no rental. Just have to use them exclusively for fill. Most will make you sign an exclusive agreement unless you 100% own the tank.

I paid $3.40/gal yesterday.

According to my supplier the propane industry is strange; the propane made 100 miles from here is shipped cross-country and our supply is brought in from somewhere else.

Here in South Florida, FPU (Fl Public Utilities) charges a grand total of $5/gal. It's around $3.99 plus delivery fee and other fees. You must pay a monthly charge for their tank and cannot change vendors.

I got so annoyed, I had them pull out my 250 gallon underground tank, right after they filled it, against my specific directions, and billed me nearly $1000.

The refused to give me credit for the propane in the tank and continued to try to charge me, until I contacted the BBB. After which, they immediately sent me a check for the entire quantity of the tank.

I purchased 2ea. 60 pound tanks, some proper straps, poured a pad, and mounted them against my house, nice and neat. I pay $2/gal locally when I bring the tank to the distributor.

Yes, the underground tank was nicer. But not at those prices, and not with the monthly tank bill. I use about 30 gal/year total.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hatt
How big of a tank do you guys own. It seems the bigger tanks pay for themselves quickly.

I have a 500 gal. Above ground tank. It was a used refurbished one. Now remember a any tank is only filled to 80% of capcity. I think the tank was around $1000, 4 years ago.

We were paying at least $3/gal. We have paid it off at this point for sure and maybe then some. We use 300+/gal/year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back