Cardone Industries moving jobs to Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Cardone Industries, a closely held auto-parts maker based in Philadelphia, is moving work to Mexico, affecting 1,300 jobs, according to a trade adjustment assistance petition filed by the company. Cardone’s human resources director didn’t respond to requests for comment."

Anyone know anything about this company? Can't say I've ever heard of them...

They make a lot of after market parts.

I just forwarded this to Trump Tower. So hopefully in a few days we'll hear they're not moving. We need these jobs in this country.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125

I just forwarded this to Trump Tower. So hopefully in a few days we'll hear they're not moving. We need these jobs in this country.
I didn't know Porsche built cars here.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig

Point??

LOL

good luck with that

Ive always heard they make liusy remans. Moving to mexico adds another reason to boycott.

I thought they were already Mexican. Got a Napa reman rack for my Liberty which is a Cardone one and it said Made in Mexico on it.

We need these jobs in this country.

We may need the jobs, but Americans refuse to fill them (because Americans are spoiled). The CEO of the Carrier factory said, "Part of the reason we are moving is Americans don't stay longterm. They join us for a few months, and then move on to better careers. Also they call-in sick frequently. In Mexico the workers are more dependable, with sick leave below 1%, and they stay with the job for years."

Exec. summary: Americans not dependable.
Mexicans are (because they have no better choices like the job).

Originally Posted By: veryHeavy

We may need the jobs, but Americans refuse to fill them (because Americans are spoiled). The CEO of the Carrier factory said, "Part of the reason we are moving is Americans don't stay longterm. They join us for a few months, and then move on to better careers. Also they call-in sick frequently. In Mexico the workers are more dependable, with sick leave below 1%, and they stay with the job for years."

I would want some evidence as proof of what the CEO said, since they lie as much as Hillary Clinton when it comes to things like this. And even if it happens to be true, it might be because of the pay and/or working conditions at the factory.

They had issues with the ~1000 workers not wanting to show up for work, being short term, unreliable etc.?

I find this very hard to believe. I feel he left something out.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig

Point??

Such an illogical "point" (if you want to call it that) IMO.

There's a huge difference between an American company packing up it's bags and moving to a 3rd world country for their cheaper labor vs. a 1st world foreign car company (Porsche) building cars in a 1st world country. (Germany)

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

They had issues with the ~1000 workers not wanting to show up for work, being short term, unreliable etc.?

I find this very hard to believe. I feel he left something out.

This is Fake News. Even if it were so no CEO would ever say so.

Donald did not single them out in his campaign so it is not a talking point for him. Adios Cardone!

From what everyone says about their quality control, I don't know how they make a profit. We might even be better off if they went out of business.

Originally Posted By: PSS
Exec. summary: Americans not dependable. Mexicans are (because they have no better choices like the job).

This is Fake News. Even if it were so no CEO would ever say so.

http://fusion.net/story/374079/carrier-b...tive-advantage/

My quote was from memory. Here's the direct quote: “So what’s good about Mexico? We have a very talented workforce in Mexico,” Hayes told CNBC’s Jim Cramer. “Wages are obviously significantly lower. About 80% lower, on average. But absenteeism runs about 1%. Turnover runs about 2%. Very, very dedicated workforce.

So in other words.... Mexicans are not slackers like Americans, constantly calling-in sick. Also Mexicans don't have better options, whereas Americans do, so Americans have a high turnover rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back