Seeking UOA for Detroit Diesel 53/71 series engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title alludes to I'm seeking some data for trending of my old Detroit engines. Specifically seeking 4-53T and 6-71N 8V71N and 6-71T or TA. If anyone has any for an 8V92T/TA/TAB I'd be curious to see those as well. Thanks in advance!

Due to your driving habits and location, any data for other's engine may not correlate with your engine at all.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Due to your driving habits and location, any data for other's engine may not correlate with your engine at all.

Mola,

I completely understand but I was hoping to collect enough data to try and get a baseline for wear numbers. I completely understand that a stationary Fire Pump engine wouldn't compare well to an OTR engine due to the duty cycle and load differences. I was hoping instead to find some OTR numbers to try and establish an average number and establish what a standard deviation would be. That way I can see how closely my engines compare or don't. At least so far it wouod seem that I'm coming up blank on my search. The only ones I've found thus far are samples on engines with major coolant intrusion presumably from bad liner o rings or failed oil coolers.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Hopefully they show sae40 and not a multi viscosity oil.

Agreed. Also not just any 40 it should be a 40 meeting the DDC SA requirements as well. I wouldn't mind seeing an SAE 30 or 30 either provided it met the SA requirements as they were also permitted by DDC.

I'd suggest talking to one of the members who might have access to large volumes of data. Doug Hillary might. Dave Newton certainly does, but hasn't been on lately. Blackstone might also be helpful. It can't hurt to give them a call or shoot them an email, at least.

Bump in the event anyone (DNewton or Doug Hillary) have something to add
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back