Redline Oil in /DRIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was fantastic! I'm still gonna run Pennzoil Ultra Platinum/Shell, but he made good points and didnt tear down anyone. Loved hearing how synthetic oil will provide better benefits and longevity too. Miss buying Redline at Advance Auto Parts. It was 7.95 qt back in 2004 too.
Found my 3 go to oils

1# Pennzoil Ultra Platinum - best performance to price point oil (got mine for 5.99qt plus 2.00 MIR on Wholesale at Napa) Group 3
2# Redline Oil - best performance oil when price isnt a concern( i bought at SummitRacing and got free shipping/finance terms) Group 5
3# Mobil1 -easiest oil to find and has great recognition/reliability(like their 0w30 and M1 was first synthetic I ever used) Group 3 and/or 4

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Subscribed to watch later...

Great video; very informative on several levels.

being a redline user i will check it out later. redline is one of the very few where you can get lubrication questions answered by a real person!!!!

Nice
smile.gif

Not sure I agree with much of what he says.

He thinks group 3s are hydro cracked by removing waxes.

Oil does no where near the cooling of engine coolant.You have twice the coolant volume in most cars, and water has twice the heat capacity of oil.

Also why on earth would a 10W-60 take longer to warm up ?

I stopped watching at this point.

Hm, based on what is presented in this video about oil temps, I'm a bit confused. VW recommends 5w30 or 5w40 (of appropriate specs) in my GTI. Oil temps in the summer are routinely 225F to 235F, which is above the 100C measure point. At these oils temps, the xw30 is no longer a 30 weight oil...so why would I use a 5w30 instead of a 5w40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back