Mitsubishi Push Button Start Key Fobs- 2032

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got into my 2014 Outlander sport yesterday and the instrument panel said I had a low battery in my key fob.
These are the push button no key fobs.
Great choice in batteries.
I keep motherboard batteries here for my desktop computers and its the same size- 2032
Changed both and it was simply remove the steel key that's in the remote and gently pry open with a straight blade screwdriver.
Keep a couple on hand
smile.gif

I've read it's typical for these to not last very long. They're constantly transmitting a signal, I believe. I changed the 2035s in my 2014 CX-5 last month.

If you have one of these type of fobs I think it's a good idea to simply replace the battery on an annual basis. That way you can buy a battery or two online and pay very little for them. While the battery in a "standard" type of remote fob will last for several years I wouldn't take a chance on the type of fob that makes it difficult, or impossible, to start the car if the battery burns out. I replace standard fob batteries every two years. I get name brand batteries, with good dates, on eBay for about a buck apiece. Since CR2032's are used in a variety of devices I buy them ten at a time. They have a very long shelf life.

I agree with you good folks.
I get them from Amazon as I used to think my computers were shot many years ago before I figured out it was the MB. battery.
Like you I buy these from Amazon in a strip but always the top name ones with a fresh expiration date.
From now on I too will change these yearly.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
If you have one of these type of fobs I think it's a good idea to simply replace the battery on an annual basis. That way you can buy a battery or two online and pay very little for them. While the battery in a "standard" type of remote fob will last for several years I wouldn't take a chance on the type of fob that makes it difficult, or impossible, to start the car if the battery burns out. I replace standard fob batteries every two years. I get name brand batteries, with good dates, on eBay for about a buck apiece. Since CR2032's are used in a variety of devices I buy them ten at a time. They have a very long shelf life.

I'll add its nice that the info center tells you this when you start the car up as its just one of those things you don't really think about when you're a busy person.

I simply change mine in the fall when I do the batteries in the smoke detectors, garage door openers, thermostat, water alarms, CO detector, propane detector and keyless entry pads on the house. I've never been so busy that I've forgotten about it since it's part of one of the annual battery changes.

Changed one of these the other day.

But, I bought a cheap battery tester from eBay and always find that in a set of 2 or 3, it is usually only one battery that needs changing.

Saved throwing away a lot of batteries over the years that way.

I finally changed the 2025 or 2032 in my 98 chevy''s fob last year.

Weve yet to need to replace the battery in either honda though they are proximity keys. Since they can still be used to start the car even if the battery is dead, theres really no risk and thus no reason to waste the money.

The car tells us when the battery should be changed. I do what it tells me. It might not let me in next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back