blower smoking only at full throttle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I retired my old echo blower because it was getting too finicky, well I fired it up today and noticed it was smoking blue pretty good when first started and it cleared up after about a minute, but it returned if I went past 90 percent throttle, which I don't understand why. It was running smooth and sounded like it normally does at full throttle. Usually they four stroke and smoke really bad from running too rich, but this didn't sound like it. Any ideas? fuel in the muffler burning off maybe? I do think it needs a carb kit because it seeps gas past the gaskets. Just enough to keep the primer bulb wet, not even enough to drip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the muffler for restriction. Fresh fuel? If it leaks you need to fix that, that could be part of the issue.

Because you have lost sticker on the throttle panel...

Blue smoke...is just consequence of (well) used mower...oval cylinder due to engine has piston wich is laying in cylinder (1/2 boxer engine)
smile.gif

Throttle... 0-90% is your power area

90-100% is where you have your choke for cold starting

Probably just old gas. Gasoline evaporates, oil doesn't. You have a richer mixture. But really it's a two stroke, let it smoke. Blue smoke is better than no smoke. It's what two strokes do!!

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Probably just old gas. Gasoline evaporates, oil doesn't. You have a richer mixture. But really it's a two stroke, let it smoke. Blue smoke is better than no smoke. It's what two strokes do!!

Yeah it's been sitting for a couple months.

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
On left it say throttle (0-90%)

Start is additional 10% (your choke for cold starts)

290-296.jpg

It has its own choke separate from the throttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back