Christmas Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.
My significant other wanted me to provide her with some gift ideas that I would like to have this Christmas so I decided I would like to try the Wolfgang Sealant and Detailer spray and thought I would ask some of you what might be on your wish list in terms of Detail and Wax products for your cars.

Not quite on topic but;

My car wish list has 83mm pistons, cylinder head and carburettor.

But for your question, ask for poor boys or mothers
wink.gif

I'm a Griot's guy myself. All of their products work very well together, and they're all very nice quality. If I had to pick a favorite product, it would be their Spray-On Wax.

Best spray bottles in the business, too.

High quality buffer!

And a money tree to pay for a reseal job on my Lexus!

I stopped collecting products and started going back to what has worked best for me after getting rid of my garage queens.

All I really want, but don't really need are new 5" Lake Country pads, yellow and orange and 5" Meguiars microfiber cutting pads to replenish my well used stock.

If I had a real Christmas list it would be the free time to actually clean my vehicles. Hard to do with a 1 year old and a new one on the way come May. That or to wake up 30 pounds lighter haha

Ok I will say the gift of free time to actually spend detailing my two cars is a christmas gift I could really really use. Someone mentioned buffer pads which I have added to my wish list and I also added a Foam Cannon to that list. There are so many products out in the market it is hard to say if anyone is actually better than the other. I could probably use another clay bar package and I would like to get a really good Rubbing Compound other than the Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound I bought two years ago before I became more involved with this fun little hobby! Roofless thanks for the suggestion of Griot's detailer products as I have seen them in my local auto parts store and did some more research on them. Very impressed!

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
If I had a real Christmas list it would be the free time to actually clean my vehicles. Hard to do with a 1 year old and a new one on the way come May. That or to wake up 30 pounds lighter haha

[off-topic]
while others may hound you for the extra pounds, babies sleep very sound asleep when on dads extra large belly. (done it twice)
[/off-topic]
I just want quiet (only man in "ze" house)

also when i take a screwdriver out, i wish my youngest not jump straight to a power outlet....

when spring/warm times comes back, they (kiddos) will learn how to inflate/check daddy's tires (somebody needs to keep the busybodys from my HOA busy)

and i wish to wash and detail my car in the parking lot (to use the liquid wax and glaze sitting in a box for the last 5 years)....

Last edited:
Porter- Cable 7424XP 6-inch variable speed polisher with a set of the correct pads to do polishing, wax application and wax removal, 5 tins of Collinite 476s, and one container of Klasse All-In-One.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I'm a Griot's guy myself. All of their products work very well together, and they're all very nice quality. If I had to pick a favorite product, it would be their Spray-On Wax.

Best spray bottles in the business, too.

X2,
cheers3.gif

I have added a tin of Collinate 476 and I also asked for the Fumoto Valve for easier oil drains so we will see if I get any of the things I asked for or will it be socks and underwear this year! LOL.

Optimum No Rinse as a rinseless wash or I like Chemical Guys Ecosmart concentrate as a waterless. Both are much quicker than a standard wash. Those and some high quality microfiber towels. Towelpros.com comes highly regarded but I haven't ordered from them yet. If you don't have a dual action polisher yet, the Harbor Freight 6" is actually a quality unit and very affordable. You can get different pads at the store as well as meguiars 105 and 205. If you're looking at clay you should try a clay block or mitt instead of a regular clay bar.

Just a quick update as I received a nice little Wolfgans Detailer package with various products then a large bottle of the Wolfgang Sealant plus some great micro towels. Currently the weather is not cooperating to try out my gifts but maybe this next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back