AutoRX Rinse Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly it was run ARX 1000 miles for sludged motors.
Then a 1000 mile Rinse.
500 mile filter changes on the rinse.

For clean up on a ok engine it was 3000 and 3000.

And for the old stuff they recommended non-synthetic oils.
I think Chevron was a favorite back then, its still a very good oil.

Although all of that probably depends when you used the product and who you believe on what forum.

I think I have a bottle or two in my garage now that I think about it.

Cant use it in any of my newer used vehicles as I have High Mileage Synthetics in all of them.

Thank you.

I remember the recommendation to use Chevron conventional oil. Texeco Havoline was another, but they were pretty much the same oils.

I'm sure the details are here somewhere on BITOG. Just can't search the forum back farther than 5 years, and I couldn't find the details in the past 5 years. Only cursory mention of the change to plus version.

Thanks again,

Last edited:
What I did was to do 2500-3000 miles on the rinse in my old 2000 Camry more than 10 years ago.

They have their own forum which may be easier to search since it has less post.

Originally Posted By: JMJNet
What I did was to do 2500-3000 miles on the rinse in my old 2000 Camry more than 10 years ago.

With a filter swap half way through?

Originally Posted By: JMJNet
They have their own forum which may be easier to search since it has less post.

I couldn't find anything on the original, pre-plus version. I registered, but have not been approved to post a question there.

Thanks again,

Frank still hasn't approved my application to the Auto-RX forum, so I still can't ask there, but I did find a bottle of the original Auto-RX while cleaning up my garage. 500 mile wash cycle with conventional oil. Then back to normal OCIs. No rinse cycle. This must be something Frank suggested semi-privately (i.e. in this forum, but not in the official instructions). The bottle did say to reuse every 10,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back