Euro cartridge filters - o ring tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who use Euro cartridge filters, you may receive a spare o-ring or two.

One of them may be used to replace the dipstick o-ring.

I wasn't going to swap mine out but then I noticed the o-ring did look a little worse for wear and thought to myself "You only live once".

Changed it out and the dipstick has a much tighter fit. Will sleep that little bit better tonight.
laugh.gif

My apologies for being confused.

So some filters come with dipstick o rings or you rigged a filter o ring to be used on the dipstick?

Euro just refers to european car.

I would say that the european cars were the first ones to have these types of filters with various o rings, but now the domestic cars have followed suit and the asian cars.

Kind of glad that both my vehicles have spin on filters. I have had toyotas with the cartridge filter, and they are not bad but the spin on is more simple to do at home.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
My apologies for being confused.

So some filters come with dipstick o rings or you rigged a filter o ring to be used on the dipstick?

They come with them.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Is "Euro" cartridge filters a brand name? Details please (brick & mortar or online sourced). Googling now. Kira

No. It means Mann, Bosch, Hengst etc.

In fact, it could also include domestic brands who also sell cartridges for Euro applications. Purolator for example just sell the Mann product so probably include all the o-rings as well.

Dunno if a FRAM Ultra or M1 Non German made filter would include all the o-rings.

I happen to get them online which is the main source for the made in Germany / Austria OES products.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
The local Hagar's Dustbin has o rings in all shapes and sizes.

Which particular store? I'll be sure to go there when I need a dipstick o-ring. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back