Cardone Magnapure filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these any good? There seems to be some concern with the manga fines so I was considering a magnapure. 'I know cardone does not have the best reputation on this forum.

I've used the Magenefine filters on both power steering fluid return lines and transmission cooler lines and have never had a problem with them leaking, clogging or unscrewing. I change them out at 15,000-20,000 miles on the odometer. I order them from my local NAPA auto parts store.

I'm interested in hearing from anybody who has used the Magnapure, too. I got a free one from Cardone a few years ago, but haven't been able to make myself try it.

I have used Magnefines without issue for quite awhile. Because of that, the Cardone was underwhelming when I opened it up.

Its benefit over Magnefine is size--the body is only 7/8" long, and the whole thing including barbs is under 3." But the "filter" is only a screen, and the magnet is tiny compared to Magnefine's. It seems fairly strong for its size, though. The magnet "jumped" up to the tape measure while I was taking the photos below.

The Cardone would be much easier to splice into my Silverado's power steering line or my Vibe's transmission line, but I'm not sure the benefits would be worth the effort.

Pictures 3 and 5 show the bypass mechanism. Enough pressure against the spring will push the screen forward, but the angled piece in the center keeps it from collapsing completely against the housing. The housing is sealed by an o-ring inside the larger piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back