Well I got the LTX M/S today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to go with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires for my silverado in 275/55/20
They seem a little quieter than the stock LS2's and the main difference is, i think, the steering seems eaiser. Look good on truck and hope they do good in the snow and ice comming up soon! Anythings gotta be better than stock goodyears when it gets wet outside.
Heres some pics

Bought on craigslist by the way. Still have little molding nipples !
$350 installed! All 4 tires. Cant beat that...

Hope they're new(ish) at least buying on CL, what's the date code on them?

They look good, hope they perform well for you-gotta love them Michelin's

I'm surprised you found them on craigslist for a steal! Look like junkyard salvage from the markings and pics. The Defender LTX are a brand new model so they are definitely less than a year old but aren't widespread as OEM equipment yet.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
In Florida those are M tires, not M/S, unless "S" stands for Sun.

Hahahaha, It is a chilly 72 degrees outside and raining here in South Florida! Maybe the "S" stands for "Showers" or "Sprinkle" or "Sun-shower".

Regardless, those tires perform really well in the wet! I have the exact same size on my truck, 60,000 miles on 'em now and they still have life!

I've put many miles on those tires in E350 duallies. Great tires that handle all conditions short of off-roading very well. Also had them on an AWD GMC Safari years ago which amazingly I never got stuck
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
Theyre all around the middle of 2016 date

Awesome find and wishing you many years of good trouble free service.
13.gif

Good choice at a great price. I've had a lot of different brands of tires on my trucks the the LTX series was the only one that provided good service in all areas (noise level, wet/dry traction, snow traction, balance,tread wear mileage, soft ride and handling).

Those LTX M/S look like dedicated snow tire. They look more capable then Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2. Yeah Xi2 probably has true winter compound, but man if Michelin was selling LTX M/S with snowflake on them, I would buy them for winter use since that thing will go thru slush like nothing.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Those LTX M/S look like dedicated snow tire. They look more capable then Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2. Yeah Xi2 probably has true winter compound, but man if Michelin was selling LTX M/S with snowflake on them, I would buy them for winter use since that thing will go thru slush like nothing.

I've run them many a winter on the Expedition and they performed extremely well.

When i used to visit London Ontario,Almost every pick up and suv had Michelin ltx m/s on them .I've always wanted to try them and now they come in the size i want.Once my Coopers are done i may try the LTX

Originally Posted By: edyvw

What, no hysterics about the fact that it's an all-season tire?

BTW, Michelin does sell an LTX Winter tire. It looks about the same as the Defender LTX, but it has a different compound.

OP, I've driven a set of the LTX M/S2 tires (predecessor to your tire) in winter conditions. They did well for being an all-season tire.

Originally Posted By: Realtech214
Decided to go with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires for my silverado in 275/55/20
They seem a little quieter than the stock LS2's and the main difference is, i think, the steering seems eaiser. Look good on truck and hope they do good in the snow and ice comming up soon! Anythings gotta be better than stock goodyears when it gets wet outside.
Heres some pics

Bought on craigslist by the way. Still have little molding nipples !
$350 installed! All 4 tires. Cant beat that...

those tires look righteous!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just put new Defenders on my Suburban. They were expensive but the big selling point for me was the 70,000 mile warranty.
Know what? My truck steers easier also. Very cool. Also quiet. They roll silent at 75 mph.
I'm very happy with these tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back