Homemade pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you folks do this? I have two pampered chef pizza stones to use and pizza to me is best that way or in coal fires oven. How do you folks make your homemade pizza and any specialties?

We have used the Pampered Chef stones to good effect. Just because the cook book said it was possible, we cooked a pizza in our Treagar pellet fired grill. Yummy either way. I prefer to put sun-dried tomatoes on pizza. The concentrated flavor is really tops.

I usually get Naan bread in garlic flavor at Walmart on clearance as most don't have any idea what it is around here and add sauce and toppings and bake in Oster oven. Forgot the pepperoni today at store. What a zoo. I hate shopping on saturdays. Will be on the menu tomorrow to get a bit of extra heat in the house

2cool: I use sun dried tomatoes too and I love artichokes on mine with spinach
smile.gif

Pampered Chef stones. Wife has dough mix that she worked into, after a few experiments; it's a good white bread, comes out well. Bread maker to mix the dough.

Contadina tomato sauce and Market Basket low moisture mozzarella rounds it out. I put some oregano and crushed red pepper on mine. But it's really good straight up.

She doesn't like cornmeal so only flour is used on the stone, to keep it from sticking. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes (after preheating the stones, of course). I can't remember the last time the smoke detectors didn't go off for pizza night, but oh so worth it.

Nothing else comes close. Everything else has more grease and/or salt, even if it's a good pizza it just isn't my wife's.

Car51 do us a favor. When you reply to a specific poster hit the reply button on their post not the empty box at the bottom. That replies to the op. It gets confusing.

Thank you sir. Just want to make sure I know when you're addressing me. lol
I'm not too bright you know?

I make a pizza every Sunday night, been doing it since 30 yr old daughter was in high school. Martha White crust mixes are preferred but occasionally we mix up a batch. I like to pre-bake the crust on a stone on the grill then finish them in the oven. The grill is old and just can't get to a high temp but it has great sentimental value and so I keep it going. Most people can't believe we actually make pizza at home, much less make crust from scratch. My 2 granddaughters love making pizza with grampa, it's the only thing we have when they come over.

We really don't do the "homemade" stuff here. Most of it is just stuff prepackaged in a box and you simply mix the ingredients.

However about 15 mins down the road there is a restaurant that has a real wood burning oven. At first it tastes amazing all that smoke really does get trapped in the crust and it's just some really good pizza. After 6 years tho.... kinda always tastes burnt.

Originally Posted By: bioburner
I usually get Naan bread in garlic flavor at Walmart on clearance as most don't have any idea what it is around here and add sauce and toppings and bake in Oster oven. Forgot the pepperoni today at store. What a zoo. I hate shopping on saturdays. Will be on the menu tomorrow to get a bit of extra heat in the house

+1.

I get a pack of naan from costco, some cheap tomato sauce (even pasta sauce, pepperoni, onions, peppers, mushrooms and cheese. Tastes a billion times better than frozen pizza and I simply toss in oven on low broil for 5-10 and it comes out great.

I make bigger pizzas, but I also like to make pita sized ones too....they make a nice simple meal/lunch.

I love making homemade pizza, and the secret is a good dough recipe. I cheat and let the bread machine do the mixing and kneading. I used to make it on a stone at the highest oven setting but lately I've been enjoying grilled pizza. I know it sounds odd, but yes, fresh dough on a hot grill and its done in about 2 minutes. Closest thing to wood oven pizza.

Last week, I lightly toasted some rye bread, spread rosemary butter and provolone cheese across it and doused it liberally with green bottle tabasco sauce, and put the 2 slices in the microwave for 20 seconds.

Not really pizza, but man oh man was it freaking tasty. I ate 4 more slices and nearly tore my sisters hand off when she had the temerity to try for a second piece.

Kinda gots a hankering for it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back