What 0w or 5w20 oils are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran and just refilled with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20 today. Got to be part of the Pennzoil Promo and sent uoa today in with 9975 miles on oil sample.

ATM, Napa Syn 0W20 & PPHM 5W20. Otherwise, whatever syns I can find @Wally World.

Quote:
0W-20 Mobil I AFE purchased at Walmart on sale at $22.??.

This with $12 rebate, in the sump.

And QSUD 0w20 at WM $15.xx with $7 rebate, new to the stash. Older stashed WM PU 5w20 ~$11 after $10 rebate, and next up. All Honda use.

Toyota 0W20 when I'm at over at the parts counter or M1 5W20 when I'm at Costco.

None, 0w20 is too thin to be of use in my Twingo or Laguna for an extended OCI. Both cars can use an 0w30 when it's cold, but even the new Twingo 1.2 (16v with a VVT) needs to use an Xw30 when in warranty.

0w20 is design spec for some hybrid petrol jobs only. Regardless of the advertising hype, 0w20 is only OK in a small petrol engine when it gets real cold.

blush.gif

Right now I'm using 0W-20 Mobil 1 in my Sentra. I've already used that once before, Edge twice, and am going to run Magnatec in it soon. Next in line is probably going to be Synpower.

Currently using NAPA Synthetic 5W-20 ...

Have used:
QSUD 5W-20
Havoline Synthetic 5W-20
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Mobil 1 5W-20

I have never used 0W-20 or any 0W oil. The first time I used 5W-20 oil was in my 2012 Elantra.

I have HGMO, PPPP, QSUD and M1 stashed in this grade.
Running HGMO ATM and it'll be in for the next change.
I'm about 6K into the current run on the newer Accord, a little above 30% MM.
This means that I can do a convenience change sometime this month if we catch a warm, dry day or I can leave it until February and hope for a warm dry day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back