alice.it domain scams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Ive had the same email since 2001 or so. Lived at the same address since 2005.

Recently ive gotten emails to my specific name, supposedly from an email address at ups or amazon (though the actual email address is frome a name @alice.it).

The disconcerting thing is that they get my first snd last name correct, and show stuff shipping to the same town and zip i lived in until i last moved.

So name, email, town and zip are all right. Address isnt.

Ive seen lots on nigerian scams from alice.it, nothing much on these pointed phishing attempts using ups or amazon type emails.

Anyone else encounter these? Never gotten any, but then got a few within a number of days recently.

Its pretty rare for me to get any scams or spam, perhaps which is why this is a bit surprising...

Saw that on the news lastnight.I've got those before,i just click delete as i know if I've ordered stuff>Nice try lowlifes.

Yeah? Link/source?

The thing that interests me is that theyve linked my name (which is not completely in my email handle), with my email address and the location i lived 10 years ago...

Thats better than mist scams ive seen.

A simple internet search can turn up most of that info with little effort. They are just trying to give as much real info as they can to get you to try and correct the wrong stuff for them.

Yes, i recognize that "white page" searches can generally state where people have lived and who may have lived with them. What surprised me is that these old data show up and these fact finding things combine as many relevant items as they do. Ive been very fortunate to not get many of these, so what ive seen has been pretty dumb.

Im generally familiarvwith phishing and whaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back