Apparently Canadians can't even into first snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Ice can make you a passenger no matter what you do.

Why don't they come up with some kind of studded tire that won't damage the road surface. I guess if there isn't one now it must be difficult or too expensive.

There is a re-capper in the mid-west (lost the link) that used to put ground glass in their recapping rubber. Worked great on ice and snow. Little of no road damage in the dry, etc. Was mostly for big rigs, but sold pick-up and SUV tires too. Don't know what happened to them. Maybe still there ...

I'm not sure that's a driving conditions matter...

That's a bad slick,of ice and a decent enough hill to catch anyone caught on it. It's not like any of the vehicles in the movie were seeming to go particularly fast...

Speaking about snow...
YWUIUyb.gif

Originally Posted By: Doublehaul
That looks like absolute glare ice

Yes, even "parked" police cars and sanders started to slide. That must have been loads of fun. There are advantages to having a nice, level terrain.
wink.gif

Glare ice and some of those vehicles likely had winter tires as eventually they are required by law there.

While winter tires give you more control they cannot defeat the laws of physics OR help from the other vehicles sliding into you.

My guess in that condition you may not even be able to walk without falling.My 25 years driving experience has those happening at any time or a moment with a little moisture or thaw then freeze occurring before a sander comes by.

For all we know the sander quit at bottom of hill but top was fine.....I am so thankful I can work remotely if I want.

What a helpless feeling. Is that region of the city known as the body shop region or is that body shop hill? j/k
smile.gif
And the salt/sand truck to the rescue....uhh not so much. Keeping the collision shops in the area busy.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
silly Frenchies!

That's why they deserve being separate from the rest of Canada!

33.gif

That was a really stupid comment

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
What a helpless feeling. Is that region of the city known as the body shop region or is that body shop hill? j/k
smile.gif
And the salt/sand truck to the rescue....uhh not so much. Keeping the collision shops in the area busy.

That was kind of a rookie mistake, he should have backed down onto the sand he was spreading... He did drop the plow though, about half way down.

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
Speaking about snow...

Nice Subaru collection there.
Not quite sure why the driver popped open his door and stuck his foot out.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Speaking about snow...

BC.

Why the chicken crossed the road?

To stop the car, of course....

(That driver is lucky nothing on the foot side got broke/severed...)

Speaking about snow...

BC.

I see lots of overconfident Subaru drivers here in winter, too. I'm glad he at least got his foot back in the car, before impact.

Speaking about snow...

BC.

trying to leave the sinking ship....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back