Not open for further replies.

In total:
12 QTS SF Amoco HDO conventional 10W-40
1 qt SG Amoco HDO conventional 10W-30
1 qt SL Havoline conventional SAE 30
1 qt SJ Exxon Superflo conventional 10W-30

There's supposed to be more coming.
smile.gif

Well, you've said that you wanted some older spec oils, so there you go.
I've used all of these in the past and they worked just fine.
Clean engines with low wear.
Short OCIs, though.

A witches brew for the Roadmaster? Although the SF rating is from '79-'88? May still be usable in it though.

Never heard of Amoco. Had to laugh at the "New API SG" on the 10w-30 bottle on the right.

Eljefino, back of the bottle says ExxonMobil, so no on that. I don't own a Model A. The man I'm getting it from is supposed to also be giving me some Kendall and Pennzoil of similar vintage. Kendall will be used in the Roadmaster for 4K or so, other stuff will find itself in some of the older stuff I service, older cars and OPE. It's fun to build a vintage stash this way, you guys should try it.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
A witches brew for the Roadmaster? Although the SF rating is from '79-'88? May still be usable in it though.

Never heard of Amoco. Had to laugh at the "New API SG" on the 10w-30 bottle on the right.

Wow! They haven't been gone THAT long.

Yeah really... Amoco was running until 2001 I believe. My step father worked at the Yorktown oil refinery for almost 30 years. BP took over the Yorktown refinery in late 2001 or early 2002 I believe. The Yorktown refinery was the smallest refinery Amoco had by far. It was really a testing ground for their refineries in Whiting Indiana and Texas City. Amoco didn't care if the Yorktown refinery made any profit due to its overall purpose. That all changed when BP took over. In all the years of Amoco running the plant it would make or lose a million dollars a year. After the first year of BP running the Yorktown refinery it made 11 million dollars of profit. The second year it was over 30 million dollars and by year three it made 55 million dollars of profit.

Last edited:
I bought a brand new Mercury Couger in 1990. Only oil I would use in that car was Amoco , I thought it was Ultimate Gold. I bought it all at Kmart. Used to buy it by the case. Brings back memories.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I bought a brand new Mercury Couger in 1990. Only oil I would use in that car was Amoco , I thought it was Ultimate Gold. I bought it all at Kmart. Used to buy it by the case. Brings back memories.

Ultimate gold with the "balls in the handle" in their premium gas. I remember getting their premium in station by the house I grew up in GA before it turned in to a BP.

The new SG is out!?
grin.gif
I distinctly remember buying 4 cases of Exxon Super-flo at K-Mart about 15 years ago on sale for $1qt.

That sure takes me back. I remember paying 19 cents a quart after rebate for 2 cases of Amoco LDO 20w-50 that I used for 6 years of summer OCIs in the 1990s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back