What motor oil is best for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years back I drove my company work van on gas station bulk oil for 180k + miles. I sold it to my bil and he took it up to 260 k on the cheapest oil he could find. My point is motors are the most durable part of a car or truck, and you can pretty much count on other expensive parts to die before the motor gives up. If you change the oil and filter when it's due, you won't wear it out. If you read all the accounts of oil usage from everyone on this site, you'll notice the trend. Oils today are the best they have ever been. so I would keep using what you have been using. Spending more for oil will gain you nothing in longevity.,,,

The Coastal dexos syn blend is dirt cheap by the drum but as a dexos 1 oil must also be pretty good.
That V-8 won't be all that picky about oil, especially on the short OCIs you're running, so I wouldn't worry too much about synthetic this or that in the engine.
Sounds like you got the good version of the H3 rather than the 5 cyl faux SUV.
A nice truck.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The Coastal dexos syn blend is dirt cheap by the drum but as a dexos 1 oil must also be pretty good.
That V-8 won't be all that picky about oil, especially on the short OCIs you're running, so I wouldn't worry too much about synthetic this or that in the engine.
Sounds like you got the good version of the H3 rather than the 5 cyl faux SUV.
A nice truck.

Thanks. The Coastal syn blend my Dad has is not Dexos certified. He has some Lubrigold Full synthetic Dexos1 stuff. Which I guess is also dirt cheap, but it is Dexos1 certified so I guess it is an ok oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back