2011 Acura Mdx Rear Diff fluids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2011 Acura Mdx with SH-AWD 85k and I have had it for almost 2 years. I had the transmission flushed the day after i bought it. Did another flush mid summer this year. Looked on my car fax and called the dealership and the rear diff has yet to be flushed. I am wondering any suggestions on product that i could use to refill? Also it does have a place to drain gear oil right behind the transmission any suggestions on gear oil and how often I would need to change. I do not tow anything mainly its used by my wife 5-7 miles a week if that but I do occ drive it a week out of each month 50 miles round trip for me in traffic.

You seem to enjoy using Pennzoil products. They have a new line of pureplus transmission products. I would call them or get hold of your Honda Acura dealer.

Originally Posted By: Brolly
I have a 2011 Acura Mdx with SH-AWD 85k and I have had it for almost 2 years. I had the transmission flushed the day after i bought it. Did another flush mid summer this year. Looked on my car fax and called the dealership and the rear diff has yet to be flushed. I am wondering any suggestions on product that i could use to refill? Also it does have a place to drain gear oil right behind the transmission any suggestions on gear oil and how often I would need to change. I do not tow anything mainly its used by my wife 5-7 miles a week if that but I do occ drive it a week out of each month 50 miles round trip for me in traffic.

It may be a Honda only fluid as it is in the Honda Pilot. But, there were a few years where Acura used the transmission fluid in the rear unit. Honda never did that with the Pilot, it always took a special fluid normally only available from Honda.

Acura from what I understand has fluid for the transmission and a fluid for the rear diff. Just wondering if there was something else others have tried.

I hope you are not getting your tranny flushed, as in power flushed. Honda strongly recommends against this.

Acura from what I understand has fluid for the transmission and a fluid for the rear diff. Just wondering if there was something else others have tried.

Bad idea. Use only approved Acura DPSF all wheel drive fluid in rear differential.

Last edited:
I am told Acrura fluids are reasonably priced when I replaced the differential fluid on my cousins MDX.

Stick with Acrua fluids, they are quite picky.

Sorry I used the incorrect words it was NOT a flush but drain and fill on both occasions.

Thank you for the comments and I will stick with the Acura fluids for the transmission and rear diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back