RX300 PS fluid - any dexron III is ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming up to time to change the fluid again.
Last time I put in Mobil 1 ATF because I got them on sale.
However, now it's very hard to find them on sale and it's $14.99/L.

I'm thinking of using another brand due to the age of the car, but want to stick with synthetic.
Will Supertech(Tune It in Canada) Synthetic ATF work well in this case?
We also have another another one from Canadian Tire, also says synthetic and compatible with DEX III.

sure. pretty much all toyotas power steering can use dexron fluid just as it says on the cap.

As far as stressing out over the choice of fluid, perhaps you are better served to ease your stress by just changing it more frequently. Many will just suck out what's in the reservoir and replace that small amount every so often to keep it refreshed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
sure. pretty much all toyotas power steering can use dexron fluid just as it says on the cap.

As far as stressing out over the choice of fluid, perhaps you are better served to ease your stress by just changing it more frequently. Many will just suck out what's in the reservoir and replace that small amount every so often to keep it refreshed.

That's actually what I'm going to do with a quick change.
I just thought it might be better to stick with a synthetic ATF, but at half the price of Mobil 1.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
so I guess also dex lll high mileage is also ok as ps fluid?
That's what's in my Camry. MaxLife ATF for the power steering fluid.

Maxlife is hard to get here and expensive
frown.gif

Sometimes, watch for specials at Partsource or Canadian Tire, even Napa Canada. Our Walmarts don't seem to do a lot of transmission fluid specials. Of course, one can buy Tune It! ATF in 5 gallon pails there at a good price, it's just not very convenient.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
does maxlife atf come in quarts or only gallons
I have seen Maxlife ATF in gallon jugs at Walmart in the past, but was only able to get it in quart bottles this fall. Haven't seen it at Walmart for at least three months though.

I usually prefer RL PSF and it has served me very well over the years. I always flush and most reasonably sized vehicles units hold Order it online from Amazon or contact local RL dealer.

If you cannot wait I would use MaxLife Synthetic ATF, remember there are many conventional PS fluids which could be also a choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back