Miles Lubricants Milesyn SXR 5w20 in Ford 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, just wanted thoughts and possibly first hand experiences with Milesyn SXR full synthetic. It is an API SN/GF-5 energy consterving oil. Is also Dexos1 rated. I just changed my oil in my 2015 F350 with the 6.2 gas motor in it. Happy with the product so far as far as price, rating, and packaging. Is very inexpensive for a full synthetic and is available for ordering from walmart. Can also buy in bulk. Seems like a good deal to me.
smile.gif
What do y'all think??

Amazon sells it too.
I have used both flavors FS and SS- no issues and it was like $65 shipped for 5 gallons

Truck has 20,000 miles on it. Going to run this stuff from here on out. Ran the Motorcraft Synthetic blend up till now.

Weird I had a 2015 F350 with the 6.2L but I sold it 2 months ago as I wasn't using it.
I will say the quality of it was far above my previous 2011 F350- especially the under carriage
and body hardware. Then I used 5w20 Castrol Magnatec in that

I've been very tempted to run this oil for over a year now. However my stash prevents me from doing so. I'd love to see a UOA on it! If I ever get my 4-53T Detroit Diesel up and running again I will likely buy a few 5 gallon pails of their 40 wt oil that meets the DD specs for the older 2 cycle engines.

I might do a UOA on it. We'll see. You should definitely try it. It would be interesting to see how their diesel oil performs

Originally Posted By: vicridereric
I might do a UOA on it. We'll see. You should definitely try it. It would be interesting to see how their diesel oil performs

The diesel oil I would use wouldn't be very inspiring due to the low SA requirements of the DD 2 cycle engine not to mention I haven't ever seen a pretty DD 2 cycle UOA compared to modern 4 cycle engines. But I'd definitely consider a UOA should I ever buy the 5w30.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted By: vicridereric

The diesel oil I would use wouldn't be very inspiring due to the low SA requirements of the DD 2 cycle engine not to mention I haven't ever seen a pretty DD 2 cycle UOA compared to modern 4 cycle engines. But I'd definitely consider a UOA should I ever buy the 5w30.

Ok Gotcha. I like those 2 stoke detroits. Id like to build an older Ford with one in it. It would be fun screaming around. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back