Rotella T5 10W/30, 5,770 mi, 2004 MPV Duratec 3.0L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotella is a really stout oil. Seems to be doing well for your application. I would go 8k without a blink of an eye. I was also experimenting with Rotella in my Equinox and so far so good.

I see no makeup oil, thats good. If you were consuming I would wonder about the long term effects of higher levels of phosp and zinc on the catalyst.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
I see no makeup oil, thats good. If you were consuming I would wonder about the long term effects of higher levels of phosp and zinc on the catalyst.
The levels are close to the SL oils .

Interesting point about the cats. For the last 3,000 miles I have had to reset the CEL for a P0431 code: Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2).

I was quoted $900 by an independent shop for replacing the suspect catalytic converter, which is located in the exhaust manifold, so I moved both O2 sensors out of the exhaust stream with a set of adapters from Blox Racing. No new code for the past week.
whistle.gif

This vehicle has four cats. Each bank has a pre-cat (Warm Up Catalyst) and a second cat downstream. As long as these converters don't clog and the downstream cats do their job of cleaning the exhaust, I'll leave it as it is.

Nice results and I agree, 10w30 has always worked very well in everything I have used it in and in your climate is a fantastic choice IMO.

Did the T5 formulation change? This looks different from what I am used to seeing in T5.

T5 is and has always been a sleeper oil. Very stout and could be used in just about anything.

Nice report!

Add-pack has a changed a LOT on this oil - used to be 2200+ppm Ca detergent and NO Moly or Boron.

Interesting to see.

Looks Good.
Low wear numbers, lots of TBN left and SL levels of zinc (generous but not too high).

I think more people should consider this oil.

Wont this one be changing to CK soon? I wonder what that will do to the zinc.
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back