WeatherTech quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ordered from them lately? I just received a cargo liner I bought for my new Edge. $130.
I have a set of floor mats I bought 5 years ago and they were good quality. The new cargo liner was a bit disappointing. Flimsy, hard and the vertical lip around the perimeter not high enough.

I know WeatherTech spend an incredible amount on advertising. It appears that they are cheapening their products.?

I bought a set last year for our minivan and they seem to be of good quality. They are a little bit hard and therefore not as easy to remove from the second row, where I read Husky liners are much softer. But all in all they look well made. However I never had weather techs before, so my experience with them is very limited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to buy them for all of my cars.
Went to Max-Pider instead.I only keep cars 3 years or less.
But the emblems did come off my last set of WT's as they were not glued right.

I think I have Huskys in one, Weathertech in the other. Honestly, I just read the reviews for the vehicle in particular, looked at the pics, and bought whatever looked like it would work best. In the end, they don't have to fit perfect, as the whole point is that they'll get abused. They just have to sorta fit, and then over time they will mold in, I think.

We have the Huskies in the Durango, the JGC came with WeatherTech. I am swapping them out for the Huskies. The weathertech mats fit poorly on the passenger side and on the driver's side, only cover 1/2 the dead pedal, so you end up getting snow/ice/slush/salt into the carpet there. The huskies cover the whole thing.

"...and then over time they will mold in, I think"

That's true enough.

I've had both and neither brand is bad, but I think Husky is the better value, especially when you can save $30 on Amazon.

Bought a complete set in May for my new 2016 Sorento - 3 rows and cargo liner.
All awesome , typical great quality from WT.
I have bought quite a few sets over the years from WT.

I've been buying at least 1 set of Weathertech mats for the past 5 or 6 years. The quality seems to be consistent through that time and I've been happy with each set. Each model has its own challenges and I really think WT does the best they can 99% of the time.

I just bought WeatherTech front mats for the i3. Time will tell with respect to durability but they look great and the fit is perfect.

I have Weathertechs for my truck and the emblem came off (bad glue). They are 4 years old and they seem to be made of plastic/rubber that's a little on the hard side. They hold up well, though and seem to fit well.

I bought a set for the Sonata immediately after buying the car, front and rear floor liners and the cargo mat for the trunk.

Can't complain about the cargo mat, it's thick and sturdy, I guess it could be considered a bit stiff, but given the area it has to cover I don't think a thinner mat would hold up as well.

For the interior I got the floor liners rather than the mats and I can't say I'm 100% happy. The rear is kind of a generic liner that is thin and I don't know how well it would hold up if I regularly carried passengers there. The front liners are showing wear, but that's what they're there for and I can't fault the product for that. However the fit is a bit sloppy; there's a raised area to allow for the mat to fit over the hook that Hyundai has to hold the factory mats and that raised area is kind of a sloppy fit so it allows the liner to move around a bit. Also as someone already pointed out, the liner doesn't completely cover the dead-pedal on the drivers side so there will be some slop applied to the carpet.

I don't regret buying them and they have the added benefit of being made here, and local to me on top of it, so I will probably order again when I have to replace one of my vehicles, but I have to admit that I may also look at other options.

Depends on the vehicle
Weathertech was better in the pontiac G6

I have husky's in my 2015 forester

Drivers side and back are great, passenger front side slides and wont stay in place very well.

Are we talking about conventional mats or the laser fit ones? I have a set of the laser fit type and they have held up well, but they are thinner than usual.

You might try using a hair dryer on any spots that seem resistant to conforming.

The Husky cargo liner is $98. So a good bit cheaper than the WeatherTech. I might order one and return the one I like the least. Side by side comparison?

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
The Husky cargo liner is $98. So a good bit cheaper than the WeatherTech. I might order one and return the one I like the least. Side by side comparison?

Sounds good to me. take some photos, post for the world to see. Everyone loves a good review post.
wink.gif

I had the whole set of laser cut ones in my Equinox. I liked them fine.
They fit well, cleaned up very nice and were pretty durable. My only complaint was the cargo one fit awkwardly.

Put WT in 3 vehicles a year ago - all good fit, easy to remove/dump/wash - and a quick shot of Armor-all they look like new.
Made in USA without DJT messing with them.
wink.gif

As mentioned, fit can vary between vehicles, with one brand working better in certain vehicles.

On the Jeep Forums, Rugged Ridge brand is very popular. They are U.S. made and much cheaper than WeatherTech. They are made of a very stout thick, semi hard rubber that seems to be the perfect (to me) combination of hardness vs. flexibility.

http://www.ruggedridge.com/floor-liners.html Check the web for discounts and deals.

I think it depends on the vehicle. We are a dealer for them at my work and I haven't sold any. They seem very expensive compared to the ones we can get from Ford or Mazda. Overall I haven't been impressed with the quality. They are good if you need a color other than black, but for the most part fairly underwhelming IMO. Its too bad because they sponsor a lot of sports car racing and I want to support them because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back